• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    I have a guy with a nice Browning Citori for sale from the late 70s or early 80s. Price is right, pics look good, but I am not able to drive out to see it with my own eyes.

My question is about fitment - I've handled modern Citoris and they fit me quite nicely. Has the design or fit changed much on a Citori in the last 40 years? If a new one fits, is an old one guaranteed too?

I trust this guy enough to buy it and have it shipped, but I don't want to "risk it" on a gun that I don't know about fit.

Advice appreciated as always.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have a guy with a nice Browning Citori for sale from the late 70s or early 80s. Price is right, pics look good, but I am not able to drive out to see it with my own eyes.

My question is about fitment - I've handled modern Citoris and they fit me quite nicely. Has the design or fit changed much on a Citori in the last 40 years? If a new one fits, is an old one guaranteed too?

I trust this guy enough to buy it and have it shipped, but I don't want to "risk it" on a gun that I don't know about fit.

Advice appreciated as always.

My family has three early 80's four barrel Citori skeet sets and they all fit quite well. Nice and tight.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    But, in terms of fit to shoulder - the same or similar to a modern Citori, or different?

With regard to old versus modern length of pull, cheek weld, and contour of the buttplate and cushion, I have no idea. The old guns fit and operate nicely.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    When I was in the Cabela's in Christiana several years ago, when they actually had a gun library full of guns, they had three Beretta DT-11 target guns in the showcase. I pulled all three out of the case, and each one felt different when I brought it to my cheek. One fit perfectly. The other two, meh. All three were sporting clays versions.

I don't think any two guns of the same make and year fit exactly the same. That is why I try to buy guns with adjustable stocks, especially if I am buying them sight unseen.

Good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom