• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Good luck. With few exceptions I find it perplexing and disturbing that a people who little more than a generation ago faced one of the most horrific atrocities known to man and still vote as a bloc for those that would disarm them.

I promise cash and carry is alive and well in pdrm.

Most likely not paper trail...but it's alive and well.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

How big is the MD LD and how many people are in a position to put their thumb on the scale to determine the outcome? If what you're saying is correct, wondering how large the potential group of suspects is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

I see no evidence of this and no $$ was ever solicited from me in the course of my own permit application process. I'm not saying the MSP is immune to being corrupted but I have talked to MANY permit applicants and no one has complained of this sort of system at any point.

I do believe the MSP are organizationally against issuing permits but that is wholly different from what apparently has gone on in NYC.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I see no evidence of this and no $$ was ever solicited from me in the course of my own permit application process. I'm not saying the MSP is immune to being corrupted but I have talked to MANY permit applicants and no one has complained of this sort of system at any point.

I do believe the MSP are organizationally against issuing permits but that is wholly different from what apparently has gone on in NYC.
    Maybe if you were a private detective hired to protect Vito Corleone Martin OweMalley....... :cool:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I can't see the MSP being part of it like the NYPD was. I would not be surprised if they were taking "strong suggestions" from elected officials to make sure they see the good and substantial of their friends applying for permits. I would be giddy with glee if the FBI turned up this type of dirt on people like of Sen. McFadden helping people like Frank Conaway Sr. get their permit. We only need a whistleblower or state's witness.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I can't see the MSP being part of it like the NYPD was. I would not be surprised if they were taking "strong suggestions" from elected officials to make sure they see the good and substantial of their friends applying for permits. I would be giddy with glee if the FBI turned up this type of dirt on people like of Sen. McFadden helping people like Frank Conaway Sr. get their permit. We only need a whistleblower or state's witness.

I concur. The MSP LD is a rogue organization, politically opposed to issuing permits to ordinary citizens. But Legislators, the rich and politically connected... Instant permit, sometimes even without asking.

And the law? That's for the commoners.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    How big is the MD LD and how many people are in a position to put their thumb on the scale to determine the outcome? If what you're saying is correct, wondering how large the potential group of suspects is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's not like NY.

No permits no paper trail just no chance of prosecution and it's far beyond the police....

Black codes...Jim Crowe all the same..

It's just my gut... nothing else.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    It's not like NY.

No permits no paper trail just no chance of prosecution and it's far beyond the police....

Black codes...Jim Crowe all the same..

It's just my gut... nothing else.

+1. It doesn't have to be for personal gain, just a bias against anyone who isn't part of the elite. It's corruption all the same.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

It's not done at that level in MD.

The key is the business owner exeception....

Its a way to get permits to the connected without raising a red flag... like say donors and other sorts of ' the right kind of people'..

No low level corruption required..

Just the right references..

But mostly it's done by looking the other way ...

Esp in outlining counties....

No paper trail..required.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I concur. The MSP LD is a rogue organization, politically opposed to issuing permits to ordinary citizens. But Legislators, the rich and politically connected... Instant permit, sometimes even without asking.

And the law? That's for the commoners.

So, where does that institutional bias against private licenses come from? Is it installed in the SOPs that new employees get upon entering service in that division? Self preservation/we've always done it that way? Aversion to perceived liability should a permit holder do something foolish? I had always speculated pressure from the Governor's office during O'Malley's administration, but I see no evidence of change since Hogan took the statehouse.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    From Legislators, the rich and politically connected is my opinion. And an entitlement/arrogant attitude on the part of the LD Management. And don't forget the FROSH EFFECT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom