• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    New wet tumbler arrived yesterday. Set it up today and am very impressed with the results. Brass is drying now and will be loaded tomorrow.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I thought I would post a side by side comparison. Brass is mixed range pickup mixed brands.

The brass on the left was tumbled for 1 hour in the Frankford Armory rotary tumbler with a few drops of dish detergent. (What ever the wife had on the back of the sink, it's yellow:shrug:)

The brass on the right was cleaned in a vibratory tumbler using new corn cob media and flit polish.

Both will shoot just fine but it is obvious to me that the new rotary tumbler is making the brass shine just a little brighter. I will have to plan ahead though due to the required drying time. My old dehydrator dries themy out in a few hours.

Attachments

• 20170404_192141.jpg
      20170404_192141.jpg
      108.1 KB · Views: 239

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    all solutions for shiny brass use wet tumbling. No love for us dry only tumblers, I guess.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I thought I would post a side by side comparison. Brass is mixed range pickup mixed brands.

The brass on the left was tumbled for 1 hour in the Frankford Armory rotary tumbler with a few drops of dish detergent. (What ever the wife had on the back of the sink, it's yellow:shrug:)

The brass on the right was cleaned in a vibratory tumbler using new corn cob media and flit polish.

Both will shoot just fine but it is obvious to me that the new rotary tumbler is making the brass shine just a little brighter. I will have to plan ahead though due to the required drying time. My old dehydrator dries themy out in a few hours.
    Are those XTP or HAP bullets? Lol

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    all solutions for shiny brass use wet tumbling. No love for us dry only tumblers, I guess.

I used to use a dry tumbler, but I didn't like the dust. I don't care if my brass is shiny either, just clean, so I skip the Lemishine and what not. My brass darkens a bit after I load it anyway.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    I used to use a dry tumbler, but I didn't like the dust. I don't care if my brass is shiny either, just clean, so I skip the Lemishine and what not. My brass darkens a bit after I load it anyway.

Old Trick:
    Use dryer sheets. Cut one into 4 pieces and drop the pieces in with the brass.

I don't want to be bothered with another step and waiting for my brass to dry.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    I know the soot inside of the case will keep burning itself off but I'm not sure if the primer pockets will eventually fill up and need a manual cleaning?
    The rod that goes down through the flash hole to push out the spent primer takes care of that "manual cleaning" for you.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I bought a Harbor Freight sonic cleaner and used it with Dawn and a little lemon juice.

The new 45 ACP brass I cleaned came out bright and shiny!

I just used it on my AR-15 bolt too.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014

what dry media were you using? I use reptile pet bedding and never had any dust issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom