• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Just had to wonder..... The other day I was shooting my AR indoor at Freestate.....I am a lefty..... Brass hit the wall on the right side and then bounced off the left side and went right into my left hiking boot.
    I was wearing cargo shorts and low socks in my boots.... Hot brass sat right on my ankle..... Sizzling....I had a full magazine and flicked the safety on before doing the macarana trying to get that hot hunk of metal out of my boot.

Any other brass dilemmas?.... Part of this whole shooting scene..

Let's hear some good ones......

Sent from my tricked out Synergy Evo!

Carlfer

Apr 6, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was shooting my AR from a bench rest, a piece of brass got wedged between my forearm and the table. By the time I realized why it was, it had left me a tattoo of 5.56 brass on my arm.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    It happens all the time. Ask Deep Creek Rock how much he likes my cases bouncing off the top of his head when he's at the bench on my right. :innocent0
    :D

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Part of the process.

I've had hot brass land in my polo shirt collar (not a pink shirt, so I got that going for me... which is nice), n my arms, and a freak one that lodged between my glasses and the corner of my eye. Missed anything critical by half an inch.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I was shooting my AR from a bench rest, a piece of brass got wedged between my forearm and the table. By the time I realized why it was, it had left me a tattoo of 5.56 brass on my arm.

+1, multiple times.

You know you're doing it right when the sizzle doesn't break your concentration for the next shot.:lol2:

OldSchool1959

MDS Supporter
    Feb 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Just had to wonder..... The other day I was shooting my AR indoor at Freestate.....I am a lefty..... Brass hit the wall on the right side and then bounced off the left side and went right into my left hiking boot.
    I was wearing cargo shorts and low socks in my boots.... Hot brass sat right on my ankle..... Sizzling....I had a full magazine and flicked the safety on before doing the macarana trying to get that hot hunk of metal out of my boot.

Any other brass dilemmas?.... Part of this whole shooting scene..

Let's hear some good ones......

Shooting my AR at Freestate last month and was shooting lefty at the last stall on the right. Quick double tap put two hot cases down my polo and UNDER MY TEE SHIRT. I ended up with two 2nd degree burns on my neck. Blister - scab - nasty. Now I button up or equip with a jaunty towel to prevent more branding. Looking for a deal on a Stag lefty now...

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    As painful as all this is, it's funny as anything...

I'm suddenly reminded of my youngest son taking a hot line drive in the shoulder, playing third base. I swear he looked like Charlie Brown going tail-over-teakettle (and I was on the field before he hit the ground, yelling "take a knee")... He had stitch-marks for a month (and I tease him that he had a reverse-image "Rawlings" on his shoulder!)

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Shooting my 1911, brass ejected, bounced off the wall to my right, landed on my shoulder, and burned a small circle into my neck. Wife thought it was pretty funny.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    A piece of .380 brass bounced off the brim of my hat and wedged itself between my eye protection and cheek. I saw the brass pass by eyeball, and thought it fell through. A moment later I feel the burn and am swatting at my face. It left a nice litte mark under my eye for a couple of weeks.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    .22 brass from my Sig p522 is the worst culprit..... Sneaky little brass creeps in everywhere.... Thankfully not so smoking hot.... Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom