• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I wonder why the comments and ratings are disabled? :sarcasm:

Comments and ratings on anti-gun YouTube channels are ALWAYS disabled, because their lies cannot stand otherwise.

They're opposed to the idea of free speech, as much as they're opposed to the idea of freedom of self-defense.

Ninety9Soulz

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
    Feb 23, 2013
    Looks like a setup too me I've been to shows around the country, I've never seen that happen. Every table was Licensed

Same here. What I find reprehensible is they pass this off as a supposed "Gun Show Loophole" when they aren't even dealing with FFL's, but private sellers. The Gun Show is just where the sellers congregate, it has nothing to do with the sale legally.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    As soon as the guy in the video said 30 round CLIP, he lost all credibility.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Bombs, guns, ricin, knives. It's endless.

Edit; "4:47 I want to see an America where people are safe"...Let me throw a random fact to you. Look back in the old cowboy days when EVERYONE had a gun. Look at Chicago, Washington Dc, cities with the highest crime rates around...Wanna know another stat? They also have the strictest gun laws. Not a coincidence.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    what we need is a national conversation on social and economic policy in cities. The only loophole is the one that lets democratic city strongholds blame other people instead of taking responsibility.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Edit; "4:47 I want to see an America where people are safe"...Let me throw a random fact to you. Look back in the old cowboy days when EVERYONE had a gun. Look at Chicago, Washington Dc, cities with the highest crime rates around...Wanna know another stat? They also have the strictest gun laws. Not a coincidence.

Actually, gun control in the Old West was very strict. Most places passed "no guns in town" laws, including Tombstone, AZ, site of the OK Corral shootout. In fact, the shootout happened partially because Virgil Earp tried to enforce the town's law on the Cowboys but they refused to disarm unless the Earps did first.

ETA: 'Course, 'town' was very small, and I don't think you were ever prohibited from having your gun in your house even if you lived there. It was more "folks not from here can't carry guns in town" from what I've read.

Last edited:

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I wish bad things upon everyone in the brady campaign. I hate them. If they all were on fire i would laugh. Im tired of the stupidity

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    Actually, gun control in the Old West was very strict. Most places passed "no guns in town" laws, including Tombstone, AZ, site of the OK Corral shootout. In fact, the shootout happened partially because Virgil Earp tried to enforce the town's law on the Cowboys but they refused to disarm unless the Earps did first.

ETA: 'Course, 'town' was very small, and I don't think you were ever prohibited from having your gun in your house even if you lived there. It was more "folks not from here can't carry guns in town" from what I've read.

Well there ya go learn something new each day.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012

No gun in town laws (especially in towns involving the Earps) were on the books to essentially allow the arrest of anyone they didn't like.

It allowed towns to be turned into police states, which was a highly effective way to end crime and civil disorder.

The "safety" this gun control created was in allowing the "police" to arrest everyone who was "suspicious" or an asshat.

Hardly how our state legislature portaryed it ("anyone who's seen a movie..." Lol)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Mr Goddard filmed himself , and publically posted it of himself commiting multiple Federal Felonies. Indictments anyone ?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mr Goddard filmed himself , and publically posted it of himself commiting multiple Federal Felonies. Indictments anyone ?

***Never gonna happen. He is trying to promote more gun control so he gets a pass. See David Gregory on TV showing a banned item in DC where even possession is a crime and the authorities looked the other way a few months back.

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    The Bradys love to break the law, lying to the seller is not the seller's fault.

Thinking on this while commuting home today, I believe this is where we lose ground on the argument. We say "it's already against the law to knowingly sell to a prohibited person," and antis hear "so the guy lies to you and gets a gun." Then moderates think "it's easy to lie to somebody, so background checks are a good idea to keep bad guys from lying," and then don't understand when we don't agree to more background checks. Then antis are then able to accuse us of being out of touch, heartless, or downright abusing the system. We need a way to rebut the point of felons possibly lying without sounding like we're denying that there's even a problem (yes, I know bad guys don't get their guns from gun shows, but to a suburban soccer mom that just sounds like her kids going "did not!" in an argument).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom