• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Well, I'll bet on the 84,000 members of the NRA group vs the 1900 in the Brady group.

In fact, to celebrate that....I think I'll send a $25 donation to the NRA-ILA :thumbsup:

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    my gf had to restrain me from poking my eyes out with my dinner fork. that stuff is crazy and makes me worry about the other side very much. They can keep living in their little bubble worlds ill continue on out here in the real world

Dst

Jan 29, 2008
    Cary, NC
    The first one when I looked at has an eerie balance to it.

The availability of guns has created a culture of violence and represents too many driven by fear. This false sense of control has diminished our ability to deal with life in a healthy and more constructive way.

Just replace the word "availability" with "restriction" and his anti post is now pro.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    I joined it and uploaded my photo to it.
    paulhelm.jpg

this is so funny. I'll try and find a way to message things to the whole group. I have a feeling the right group of people can over run this face book page. :)

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Don't waste your time posting comments, they'll just get deleted.

OTOH, the hilarity that will ensue in the meantime will be entertaining at least.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    Don't waste your time posting comments, they'll just get deleted.

OTOH, the hilarity that will ensue in the meantime will be entertaining at least.

It's nice to fact check them when they post strait up lies. Who is over there constantly checking their page?

I hope I don't get kicked out of the group. That'd be a shame.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It's never time wasted if I get rude comments in return, especially when I tip y'all off to them.

Somebody must be doing some serious advertising for that group. They've gained something like 100 new members in the last hour.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Somebody must be doing some serious advertising for that group. They've gained something like 100 new members in the last hour.

They sent out a mass email today about the group - that's how i found out about it.

Bill

Mar 14, 2008
    Ocean City, MD
    You know what argument I hate?

"These guns are designed to kill people..."

Really? No shit, as if it wasn't capable of killing something...then that is a pretty much a worthless piece of equipment. What would I do with it? Make a paperweight out of it?

A car can kill someone.

A chainsaw can kill someone.

My hands can kill someone.

Why is the potentiality of death factored into an item like this, when practically everything in the universe wants to kill humans? I laugh, as I always reference back to this lecture with Neil Tyson (let's not start into a religious debate here, just using all his points as a reference of how much stuff wants to eliminate humans).

Kind of makes my little AR15 with 30 round magazines seem pretty insignificant eh?

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I think it's possible to post to their page in such a way that you are showing what idiots they are with out really showing you are pro-gun

I posted
    This is so great. We need to pass a law that prohibits criminals from using guns.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Read this guy's barely coherent diatribe; maybe he's smoking some of the product mentioned:

"David Hayward / Yesterday, May 10h was Mother's Day. I don't believe that has occured in 11 years together, the day my only child, Jacob, was shot through the heart with a hollow point bullet, by his next door neighbor, who he did not know. He was only coming over to tell the man some neighborhood kids had pulled up some pot plants from the neighbor's backyard. The Judge decided the man had just been robbed (Yeah, of pot!) and didn't know my son. He let the man go! If pot was sold in State controlled liquor stores, there would be no reason for this man to own a gun and protect his illegal crop! Jacob would be 37 now. A grown man, the nicest man one could ever know."

...sure, pal. Were there pink elephants in your hallucination, too?

Another, from someone who probably could use a good psyche evaluation:

Gary Austin / I'm afraid of guns. I don't own one. I fear that if I had one I would use it. In my ideal world the only guns would be staple guns for the sole purpose of stapling Lost Dog posters to telephone poles.

...advertising to the world on Facebook that you "fear that if I had one I would use it"? If you have homicidal tendancies then please, by all means stay away from guns, but see a shrink too, for everyone's sake.

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    just be warned - if you read the comments you will get ill

it also goes to show that most brady members want guns banned regardless of that the organization says.

On one comment - the lady wants to know why we can't ban semiautomatic guns.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I'm joining the NRA page.

The scariest comments are those from people who believe you should have complete faith and trust in your government, and therefore not need any sort of weapon to defend yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom