• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

WASHINGTON - On Monday, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser responded to a comment made by Council Chair Phil Mendelson in which Mendelson told FOX 5’s Stephanie Ramirez twice: "You can get away with murder in this city."

"I’m not going to pay too much attention to asinine statements um, but I will – I am watching what he does," said D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser on Monday. "And tomorrow, he needs to go in the chamber and vote for Brooke Pinto’s emergency without amendment. If he’s concerned about crime, as we all are, we need to make sure when police say we need more police, we don’t defund them."

Incredible.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    If only there were intact black families with working men at home ... Oh wait, the Dems took care of that with their social welfare schemes. Can't have dependent, reliable voters and healthy families in those Dem cities 'cause they are mutually exclusive outcomes!

Nothing short of a cultural revival will save Dem hellholes and they have no interest in really saving anyone but themselves and their graft.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Ha, screw all of them. Just like the Democrat Baltimore County prosecutor that is now upset that the effects of the Liberal Juvenile Justice policies are backfiring. Let it all burn...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Doesn't everyone feel safer already? It's emergency legislation so it's only in effect for 90 days.
    Nothing will change for the Pretrial detention but hopefully the chase policy lightens up because PG is legit catching all the carjackers.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Nothing will change for the Pretrial detention but hopefully the chase policy lightens up because PG is legit catching all the carjackers.

Hopefully so:

Council members unanimously approved legislation that will give police the ability to engage in pursuits with cars in limited circumstances.

“The department has a pretty strict no-chase policy, and obviously for an urban setting and a major metropolitan city, that's understandable,” Sgt. Val Barnes, the head of D.C.’s carjacking task force, said a few months ago.

“At some point they will be, the offender will be, identified, and we can apply for an arrest warrant for them as opposed to causing greater risk to the citizens that are involved,” she said. But carjackings are up 94% this year, with almost 500 so far; only 107 of them have been solved. Almost all of them involve guns.

Hard to believe Sgt. Barnes said this a few months ago... What was the thinking here?

As for Pre-Trial detention, it did make some changes for violent crimes.

Reality is slowly sinking in.... but they'll never admit they were wrong.

My favorite part:

Council member Janeese Lewis George was the lone vote against the bill.

“I was raising a concern that on an emergency basis, changing a legal standard, I think, is problematic for any legislature to do, not just our legislature,” she said. “And when we brought in such a statute when it comes to pretrial detention, there are implications we should be thinking about that 95% of people who are incarcerated and on pretrial are Black residents, and when we have a pretrial basis, it’s because in this country we have a standard — innocent until proven guilty. In order to take away your liberty, you have to meet a high threshold.”

1668631015268-png.419164

She did the meme!

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Hopefully so:

Council members unanimously approved legislation that will give police the ability to engage in pursuits with cars in limited circumstances.

“The department has a pretty strict no-chase policy, and obviously for an urban setting and a major metropolitan city, that's understandable,” Sgt. Val Barnes, the head of D.C.’s carjacking task force, said a few months ago.

“At some point they will be, the offender will be, identified, and we can apply for an arrest warrant for them as opposed to causing greater risk to the citizens that are involved,” she said. But carjackings are up 94% this year, with almost 500 so far; only 107 of them have been solved. Almost all of them involve guns.

Hard to believe Sgt. Barnes said this a few months ago... What was the thinking here?

As for Pre-Trial detention, it did make some changes for violent crimes.

Reality is slowly sinking in.... but they'll never admit they were wrong.

My favorite part:

Council member Janeese Lewis George was the lone vote against the bill.

“I was raising a concern that on an emergency basis, changing a legal standard, I think, is problematic for any legislature to do, not just our legislature,” she said. “And when we brought in such a statute when it comes to pretrial detention, there are implications we should be thinking about that 95% of people who are incarcerated and on pretrial are Black residents, and when we have a pretrial basis, it’s because in this country we have a standard — innocent until proven guilty. In order to take away your liberty, you have to meet a high threshold.”

1668631015268-png.419164

She did the meme!

****Haha! I LOVE that meme! Use it all the time along with...

two.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom