• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Saturday, June 5th Stemmers Run is having another bowling pin match from 1200 until 1500 at the Associated Gun Clubs pistol range in Marriottsville. Anyone is welcome to come, you do not have to belong to the club or have an AGC range badge so if you've been thinking about checking out AGC this is a great opportunity to do so and maybe win a little money.

The entry fee is 5 dollars and we have 6 divisions:
    -Open Semiauto Centerfire
    -Limited Semiauto Centerfire
    -Open Revolver
    -Limited Revolver
    -Open Rimfire
    -Limited Rimfire

We shoot at polymer knock down targets shaped like bowling pins from 25 feet. Since they are polymer knock downs we don't want to tear them up so no wadcutters or hollow point rounds are permitted, it's round nose only. No 357 or 44 magnums either, but that's also for your own good as they go too fast and won't knock them down. Your best bet is slow and heavy with 40 or 45, though 22's will easily knock them down if you hit in the right spot.

Each shooter gets 5 heats per entry (you can enter multiple times in the same or different division) where you shoot at 6 bowling put cutouts. You are limited to 6 rounds per magazine but you can have as many magazines as you want, this puts folks with subcompacts on the same turf as those with high capacity double stacks. We time each heat and average them. The person with the best time in their division wins half of the entry fees. Some folks have almost payed for their range badge this way. It's a fun day and a great introduction to shooting and reloading on the clock.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Bad news on that front I'm afraid. New targets were ordered after the last shoot, but haven't come in yet. I'll do what I can to rehabilitate them, but 9mm and 22 shooters may want to wait for the next one if they found themselves frustrated last time.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    Bad news on that front I'm afraid. New targets were ordered after the last shoot, but haven't come in yet. I'll do what I can to rehabilitate them, but 9mm and 22 shooters may want to wait for the next one if they found themselves frustrated last time.

Cover them with Duct tape, or glue cardboard to the back of the pins. Patrick the RO has been suggesting the cardboard backer idea since last summer.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    I actually covered them with packing tape and it worked very well, though that is a moot point because the new pins are finally in!

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Saturday, July 10th, 1200-1500. Every match there at least a few MDShooters that come out and often they take home the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom