• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Saturday, May 8th Stemmers Run is having another great bowling pin match from 1200 until 1500 at the Associated Gun Clubs pistol range in Marriottsville. Anyone is welcome to come, you do not have to belong to the club or have an AGC range badge so if you've been thinking about checking out AGC this is a great opportunity to do so and maybe win a little money.

The entry fee is 5 dollars and we have 6 divisions:
    -Open Semiauto Centerfire
    -Limited Semiauto Centerfire
    -Open Revolver
    -Limited Revolver
    -Open Rimfire
    -Limited Rimfire

We shoot at polymer knock down targets shaped like bowling pins from 25 feet. Since they are polymer knock downs we don't want to tear them up so no wadcutters or hollow point rounds are permitted, it's round nose only. No 357 or 44 magnums either, but that's also for your own good as they go too fast and won't knock them down. Your best bet is slow and heavy with 40 or 45, though 22's will easily knock them down if you hit in the right spot.

Each shooter gets 5 heats per entry (you can enter multiple times in the same or different division) where you shoot at 6 bowling put cutouts. You are limited to 6 rounds per magazine but you can have as many magazines as you want, this puts folks with subcompacts on the same turf as those with high capacity double stacks. We time each heat and average them. The person with the best time in their division wins half of the entry fees. Some folks have almost payed for their range badge this way. It's a fun day and a great introduction to shooting and reloading on the clock.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The whole point of REAL Pin shooting was the balance of accuracy and raw power for us mortals, and accurracy, raw power, and speed for the anointed.

If you even need to reload, you're already way behind.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    FYI the AGC online calendar lists this as being on Sunday the 9th, that is INCORRECT, I've confirmed with Stu the club president this morning that we are on Saturday the 8th.

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Just a quick reminder folks that this is still on for tomorrow. To answer a question that I got via PM the round count for this is <100 per round of 5 heats. If you're shooting well it's less than 50, if you're the spray and pray type focusing on practicing reloading you'll find yourself closer to 100.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Are we drawing from a holster, off a table, or gun touching the line? Either way, I'll have the most rnds fired/least pins hit ;). My buddy should do alright though.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Are we drawing from a holster, off a table, or gun touching the line? Either way, I'll have the most rnds fired/least pins hit ;). My buddy should do alright though.

You start with the weapon in your hand at low ready. They signal "shooter's ready", and you raise your weapon. The clock starts when you take your first shot...

Jamie

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    A great time again, good turnout thanks to you folks. An MDSHOOTER took home the big prize of $50 for winning both the centerfire limited and open categories. It's always good to have mdshooters folks out, you're safe and courteous and make the event run smoother.

For those that got discouraged because of the condition of the pins, don't let that soil you on coming out again next time. We will have new pins so that the 9mm and 22lr folks don't get too frustrated again.

Thanks again for coming out and making it a fun and safe event despite the wind.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    A great time again, good turnout thanks to you folks. An MDSHOOTER took home the big prize of $50 for winning both the centerfire limited and open categories. It's always good to have mdshooters folks out, you're safe and courteous and make the event run smoother.

For those that got discouraged because of the condition of the pins, don't let that soil you on coming out again next time. We will have new pins so that the 9mm and 22lr folks don't get too frustrated again.

Thanks again for coming out and making it a fun and safe event despite the wind.

and Limited Revolver! Thanks for setting it all up, I had a blast.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Even though I left my .40 at home and entered with my 9mm and .22 I had a blast. Thanks for setting this up I'll definitely be there next time.

-Ryan

araugh

Laser Nerd
    Sep 2, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    Ryan, I was going to contact you Monday, didn't realize you were from MDShooters too. Yet another winner! I'll get your money to you at the next match or I can mail a check if you'd rather.

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Lol, rimfire semi? you got the right Ryan, cause my shots were going right through. Winner's last name start with an A :D? If so, just make mine a donation towards the new targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom