• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Javantalith

Jan 18, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations of beginner gear and self training in bow fishing. Was thinking of taking up a new hobby this summer while visiting family in East tennessee. Seems like a good place to do it. Just no experience in doing so. Any advice on best websites or videos would be appreciated.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    I was wondering if anyone could make some recommendations of beginner gear and self training in bow fishing. Was thinking of taking up a new hobby this summer while visiting family in East tennessee. Seems like a good place to do it. Just no experience in doing so. Any advice on best websites or videos would be appreciated.

same here, im pretty decent with a bow, and have been toying with this idea for a while also. i would also like some info on this if you don't mind.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    Same here, I got my old pse that I could turn over to a bow fishing bow but just have no idea on where to go to do something like that?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    B. Use of Bow and Arrow. A person may take or shoot carp, garfish, skate, bullfish, oyster toads, swelling toads, sting rays, or any other ray fish with a bow and arrow, except a crossbow, in the tidal waters of the State. A person may not shoot an arrow without specific advance permission within 100 yards of any:

(1) Human being;

(2) Private or public bathing area;

(3) International diving flag;

(4) Occupied duck blind; or

(5) Vessel other than that occupied by the archer.

i will try to find non tidal aswell but pritty much, if you follow the creel limits and dont shoot game fish, you are GTG.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Just for grins, I figured I'd post an old pic of my buddy that lives in Washington State and his bow fishing hull for the day

bowfishing.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I need a fishing license right? Any luck with bowfishing the potomac, from the shore, during the day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom