• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    So here is a question regarding bound book. If I have made C&R purchases PRIOR to receiving my 03FFL C&R license shall I record those in my bound book as well. OR is the record for transactions only after having received the C&R license? Meaning lets say I have purchased though normal FFL transfer some early rifles and pistols, they would already be recorded with the FFL that did the transfer. So would they need to go in my bound book? If so then every C&R eligible firearm somebody has would need to go into their bound book once they get their C&R license, not just the purchases they made after having obtained their C&R 03FFL. Is that correct?

It is logical though that if I went to sell a C&R eligible item then I would need to make a 'Disposition' entry in my book. Regardless of weather I got it before OR after having received my C&R 03FFL.

No C&R gun(s) you purchased prior to getting your license need to go in your bound book UNTIL they are sold. In other words, you don't need to log guns you purchased before you had your license until you sell them. Once you sell them, record them in your bound book as an acquisition from your private collection and then immediately record the disposal as normal.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    So here is a question regarding bound book. If I have made C&R purchases PRIOR to receiving my 03FFL C&R license shall I record those in my bound book as well. OR is the record for transactions only after having received the C&R license? Meaning lets say I have purchased though normal FFL transfer some early rifles and pistols, they would already be recorded with the FFL that did the transfer. So would they need to go in my bound book? If so then every C&R eligible firearm somebody has would need to go into their bound book once they get their C&R license, not just the purchases they made after having obtained their C&R 03FFL. Is that correct?

It is logical though that if I went to sell a C&R eligible item then I would need to make a 'Disposition' entry in my book. Regardless of weather I got it before OR after having received my C&R 03FFL.
    You only need to enter the transactions of C&R eligible firearms that occurred while you had the license. If you sell a C&R eligible firearm you obtained prior to getting you license, it should only be logged in as a disposition.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    So here is a unique question. There are some pistols I purchased which are C&R eligible however I purchased them prior to getting my C&R license. So a Maryland FFL dealer I use for non C&R items send a copy of his FFL certification to the sellers who then shipped the pistols to him. So I suppose when he got the pistols he logged them into his FFL logbook.

In the meantime my C&R license came. He is storing my pistols waiting for me to come in to see him so I do not have possession of the pistols yet, but now that I have my C&R don't believe I would need a standard FFL transfer, right? Now that I have my C&R I have to log the C&R Items once I take possession is what I've interpreted from the rules and regulations. So would he transfer the pistols as a disposition to me on his log book and I would enter them as an question from him on my C&R bound book? Would I have to still wait the 8 days or could I just go pick the pistols up from him, take them home and make my bound book entries when I got the pistols home?

Any idea what happens in this case?

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    He is storing my pistols waiting for me to come in to see him so I do not have possession of the pistols yet, but now that I have my C&R don't believe I would need a standard FFL transfer, right? Now that I have my C&R I have to log the C&R Items once I take possession is what I've interpreted from the rules and regulations. So would he transfer the pistols as a disposition to me on his log book and I would enter them as an question from him on my C&R bound book? Would I have to still wait the 8 days or could I just go pick the pistols up from him, take them home and make my bound book entries when I got the pistols home? ?

Since they were never in your possession and you're taking possession from a MD 01FFL, I think you're gonna have to do the 8-day...He's the official "receiver" of the weapon, even tho he didn't pay for it. Since he's transferring it to you in-state, in-state rules apply...

It sucks, I know...

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ it's no problem he's a nice dealer and good FFL, I will continue to do my non C&R stuff thru him. I went thru him for the C&R items because I did not have my C&R license at the time.

So When I go to see him instead of doing the regular paperwork (like I'd do for a non C&R item) and so forth I will bring a signed copy of my 03 FFL C&R and give that to him. Then I wait 8 days and come back to pick up the C&R pistols and take them home, whereupon I make the entries into my logbook is that correct?

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    You only need to enter the transactions of C&R eligible firearms that occurred while you had the license. If you sell a C&R eligible firearm you obtained prior to getting you license, it should only be logged in as a disposition.

We may be saying the same thing in different ways, but if you owned the firearm before you got your C&R, then disposed of it while you have your C&R, you need to log it both as an acquisition and as a disposition. Yeah, it sounds silly, but you need to log it as acquired from yourself, then enter the disposition info as normal--even if the dates are the same. I'd also add a note that you owned it prior to obtaining your C&R.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I paid for the pistols and the FFL dealer took shipment of the pistols because I did t have my CnR at that time. As he got the pistols in, in that time I got my cnr it came earlier than I expected. So he has likely logged them in as he got them. But now that I have my CnR I will take possession from him. My questions are what is my proper course of action and documentation in this case.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I paid for the pistols and the FFL dealer took shipment of the pistols because I did t have my CnR at that time. As he got the pistols in, in that time I got my cnr it came earlier than I expected. So he has likely logged them in as he got them. But now that I have my CnR I will take possession from him. My questions are what is my proper course of action and documentation in this case.

If he does have them logged, the transaction takes place between the two of you under the circumstances that exist at the time of transfer. It doesn't matter when you paid for them. They were shipped to him and logged in by him. If you now have your C&R, and you go to him to have the firearms transferred to you, the protocol is whatever MD requires of a C&R holder who obtains a C&R firearm from a MD dealer. It's just the same as if you were buying the firearms from him, except that they are paid for already.

I'm not an expert on the MD laws (not sure if anyone is!), but it sounds like Rev. Beer already answered that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom