• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    At Bass Pro Shop, after using gift cards and $250 in Outdoor Rewards points, my out the door price was $13. (And that was on a Bass Pro Visa, so there will be more points next time.

Actually, since I bought an $80 gift card for $68, my actual expense was $81. (The wife was told $13.)

Bought a Stoeger Coach Gun, double barrel, 12 gauge for Cowboy Shooting. I've been using the longer barrel Stoeger so I'm familiar with the action.

I haven't assembled the gun yet, so it's in pieces. I want to clean it off, polish the opening surfaces, hone the cylinders, swap out the firing pins and lighten the opening spring. The parts are already on the workbench.

And there's a nice butt cover from Cowtown Katy.

Thanks to smokey0118 and pop-gunner for their assistance!

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
      001 (2).jpg
      71.8 KB · Views: 451
    • stoeger_coach.jpg
      stoeger_coach.jpg
      7.8 KB · Views: 449

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Nice.

Be sure to clean the living ballz off of it. They use some seriously nasty grease on their break action guns.

Grey_Man

Feb 25, 2010
    Fruitland
    I did something similar with a Marlin 795 at Dicks. After gift cards, rewards points coupons, and a mail in rebate, I got it for $7.00. Unfortunately now all the rewards points coupons they send me are not eligible to use for ammo or firearms. A-holes.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Oh if it was only a hammer gun.

I have been buying precious metals like that for some time.

$20 silver coin free shipping - $2 of ebay points (to be used on more metals later) - $1 to $5 in cash back or points depending what card I use = $15 to $17 silver coins.

My favorite game was when people figured out the US mint scam.

Buy cases of golden dollars with free shipping with a travel points card, turn them in at the bank, pocket travel points, repeat. And get a good workout as well! To bad they cut off the free shipping.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Nice! I have the same for SASS. Though mine has the single trigger. Be sure to test fire it before any mods. The Stoegers did have some issues with light strikes on one barrel. I did hear mention of issues with Remington ammo as the primers were harder than most other brands. I've had no issues with mine so I too have mine modded for easier opening, polished chambers, etc. It is a fun shooter.

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    Awesome! It sounds like my Marlin 336w lever action purchase I made earlier this year. Used an iPhone app to get a bunch of best buy giftcards with which I bought visa gift cards and went to Walmart to get the gun which ended up costing me just $18 after tax!

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I think I'm going to market additional "tell the wife price" receipts with the sale of every gun. They will, of course, reflect an appropriate, non-domestic causing, price.

What do you think, $10.00 surcharge??? ;)

Nice score by the way.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    GORGEOUS scattergun!!!!!

I've been drooling over the Coach Gun for several years, now.

I want the one w/ stainless receiver and blued barrels, and choke tubes.
    I THINK it's called "Coach Gun Supreme" (or something like that).
    I'm probably going to buy, around the end of October, to maybe mid-November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom