• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Geesh... I don't know how you guys get pawn shop prices like that. If someone pawned and lost that in Iowa, it would have $475 on it, minimum.

It was priced at $459. I know the guy who owns the shop....he said he'd take $375 for it. I tried for $350 plus tax. Tax here in NC is pretty steep, so we compromised on $400 out the door.

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    It was priced at $459. I know the guy who owns the shop....he said he'd take $375 for it. I tried for $350 plus tax. Tax here in NC is pretty steep, so we compromised on $400 out the door.

You better run that serial number to make sure its not hot for that price !
    I would say that was a steal !
    Congrats :thumbsup:
    I think I paid 590.00 plus tax for mine Gen 3 SF20 .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Wow! Good price, Joe. Congrats. New guns, new kids...this is a good week for you.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    You better run that serial number to make sure its not hot for that price !
    I would say that was a steal !
    Congrats :thumbsup:
    I think I paid 590.00 plus tax for mine Gen 3 SF20 .

I was gonna hit a couple of places and shop around.....wasn't necessarily looking to get a Glock. Thought about it and was considering taking a look at a few at the next gun show....glad I didn't settle for a Taurus or something like that.....

Sure, it's not as "stylish" as I normally like, but it's tried and true.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012
    The original Gen 4 springs had issues. The newer Gen 4 double recoil springs have resolved the issues.

The "original Gen 4 springs" are the double recoil springs. That was one of the "improvements" on the Gen 3 that had no issues at all until they decided to "improve" on it. They started using different internal parts on both Gen 3 and Gen 4 glock 9mm's after January 2010, including the double springs that had successfully been used on the subcompacts before then.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The "original Gen 4 springs" are the double recoil springs. That was one of the "improvements" on the Gen 3 that had no issues at all until they decided to "improve" on it. They started using different internal parts on both Gen 3 and Gen 4 glock 9mm's after January 2010, including the double springs that had successfully been used on the subcompacts before then.

Just did some searching....mine's a June 2011 model.

Now I have to do some holster shopping.....the only holsters I have are for the .357.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

Now I have to do some holster shopping.....the only holsters I have are for the .357.

Holsters are a-plenty, shouldn't be too hard to find one - now one that goes well with a pink collared shirt, that's another story... ;)

:lol2:

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Sure, it's not as "stylish" as I normally like, but it's tried and true.

I wanted a Glock for the same reason. I have noticed that I was shooting low and to left when I first took it to the range and was not happy at all. Never have had any problems like that with any other handgun.
    After a box of 10mm and some mumbling , I learned to grip in a different way and take my time . I now love this Glock but I do HATE the dam finger groove or whatever you want to call it. It does not fit my hand correctly.

zmayhem

Feb 2, 2012

Some of the newer ones with the newer parts have no issues at all. It just seems like random ones for some reason have weak ejection or sporadic ejection all over the place. More severe are stovepipes and failure to eject, but that is far less common. If you shoot the gun and have no issues then I wouldn't worry about it, but if not contact Glock. They will give you email you a prepaid label to ship the gun back to them and if they cannot fix it they will replace it with a brand new one for free.

As for holsters, there is a huge selection for any carry position you prefer. Crossbreed has been very highly recommended to me by many people, I have a comp-tac CTAC that I really enjoy. n82 tactical also makes a holster that many say is the most comfortable holster they have ever used, which I will be purchasing very soon.

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    My wife has a Gen 4 G17 and she loves it. We took it to Bollinger and had it Cerakoted in pink, the slide, bottom of the mag and all the other accents are pink. She really loves!

Congrates on yours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom