• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    I agree with Minuteman.

For fundamentals, I learned on a .22 WMR bolt action with wood stock, when I was 11-12 years old. In the near future - 3-4 weeks - I'm going to be buying a Ruger 10/22 Carbine Poly with SS barrel for plinking.

A little rusty behind a rifle, but everything started coming back. Need to spend more time at the range.

Here is what I did this past monday with the Savage .22 WMR (wood stock) sighting in a new scope (Simmons 22 Mag). The fliers were Remington WMR at 50 yards. Once I switched to CCI brand, the groups came in much better when I moved the target back to 100 yards.

2012-07-13203918.jpg

Then I spent time sighting in my .270 at 50 and 100 yards. It's a Tikka T3 Lite SS (poly stock) with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9-50 scope. You can see how I was able to walk the rounds in.

2012-07-13203933.jpg

Just goes to show you that fundamentals always stay with you.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    How good do you want to be?

You will have more fun blasting with a semi, you will learn much more with a bolt. I learned on a pump .22. Every trigger squeeze counts.

I have a semi already. Went with the "tacticool" to start, sig 522, and want to get better with irons, just with something plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom