• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    That's the chance you take when you decide to hunt dangerous game. Go in with your eyes open and give it your best shot.

Oh, and have med-evac insurance with a plan by Global Rescue or something similar.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    The feral hogs here in the states are as big if not bigger and just as aggressive. I can tell you from personal experience that have to very careful when hunting hogs/boars. Almost every hog I have ever shot that I didn't spine or head shoot did not go down right away. Including those that I double lunged/heart shot with a .308. They get knocked down and get right back up and run into the bush, some for over a 100 yards. :shocked:

Let me tell you it is more than a bit unnerving walking into the bush at night looking for a wounded hog, especially if there is a pack around. The pack will sometimes come back and try to help a wounded member.:ohnoes:

ALBY

Jan 5, 2008
    I CCW my glock in .40 when hog hunting with a bow. I've been scared, on my hands and knees in the brush with these things. I normally go to san Antonio for hogs. Goddamn right they're scary. They are like Satan's housepets. I enjoy raining arrows down on them and killing them as they are just about the nastiest creatures on this earth.

I typically shoot the juveniles as they are delicious. :)

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    I can't believe that no one has said this already...

Why did the guy not shoot when the boar was charging? He risked death by getting knocked down and then rammed again. WTF?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I can't believe that no one has said this already...

Why did the guy not shoot when the boar was charging? He risked death by getting knocked down and then rammed again. WTF?

He did not shoot because his dog was running right behind the boar. I use my dog for hunting waterfowl and upland and will not shoot at a wounded duck/goose that he is chasing down and I will not shoot at anything on the ground while we are upland hunting. Running birds can keep on running.

If you look at the first video, the dog is right behind the boar. Shoot high and you miss the boar and lose your dog. Some of us will get run down by a hog for our dog.

BuRNMIA

May 28, 2013
    BigSteve57 that hunt from the heli would be awesome. I personally would have to crank CCR's Fortunate Son into my headset during the hunt. :)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    This is an insane hog hunt from a heli. Might actually have to call it a hog shoot because there isn't much "hunting" involved. Some pretty good shooting though.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/89UliEiQQyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll let you guys know when I figure out how to embed these YouTube videos. lol

http://youtu.be/89UliEiQQyU

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    BigSteve57 that hunt from the heli would be awesome. I personally would have to crank CCR's Fortunate Son into my headset during the hunt. :)

Yeah, the whole music accompaniment could make or break the trip. All the Heli tour operators play rock & classical music to match the flight.

I was thinking of "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. It's also my favorite drive-fast music.

But maybe that would backfire...too much adrenaline & excitement causes misses. Perhaps New Age types music would have a calming effect.

I'd have to experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom