• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BBQMAN

Jul 3, 2013
    Freeland
    Just called Blue Fins to ask to get my guns waiting transfer, transferred to another dealer doing 8 days, Dave promptly said hold on I think we're changing policy here talk to Jamie. Spoke to Jamie and she said as of today Aug. 1st they were doing 8 days based on 4 criteria: DC letter, previous ND in last 90 days, Military or LEO. Whoo-hoo for DC letter since 2002! They are super nice too!

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    lol this is great news as long as it doesn't change again. I got all excited and strolled up in there to get shot down like prom all over again!

Edit: Do you have to meet one or all four of the criteria listed?

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    lol this is great news as long as it doesn't change again. I got all excited and strolled up in there to get shot down like prom all over again!

Edit: Do you have to meet one or all four of the criteria listed?

I would assume (DC and ND in last 90 Days) OR MIL/LEO. I just picked up my ND from Apr 08 for my 2 NFA Lowers yesterday and also picked up my AK which was a surprise due to the new policy. I am not MIL/LEO so you dont need to be all 3/4. I would have been able to pick up my other things as well but I was in a hurry and I did paperwork on 2 spikes lowers which I can pick up in 8 days plus all of my others that our in waiting at bluefins. I told Jamie yesterday she is going to end up costing me more money with this new policy with Ammo/Assessories/Purchases on stuff I wasnt expecting for a few months.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    That's good news! I have a MATEN receiver set that has been there for 3 months. I will give them a call. Thanks for posting.

Update: I called and spoke to a lady who had no idea what I was talking about. She suggested I call back tomorrow.

Last edited:

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    I just swung in there and a lady who I personally have never seen behind the counters was there and what RussianNightmare said is accurate. She said Jamie will be back tomorrow so I guess well have to wait and see.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Update: I stopped by Blue Fins and they are 100% changing their policy. You need one of the following: Copy of DC letter, ND within 90 days, LEO, .mil.

I showed up with my collector letter and was told I can't get my receiver set until Jamie returns on Tuesday, after 1PM. Release will start Tuesday afternoon, and you should call first so they can find your firearm, they couldn't find mine and they said Jamie needed to log it out and do all the paperwork.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That's two dealers that have changed policies since I bought from them. If Continental changes, it will be a trifecta.. (fat chance )

truknbear

Right to arm Bears
    Feb 21, 2013
    HarCo
    Went in Monday last week to do PW on a Colt 6920 and to resolve a problem with a S&W M&P 15 PC that the arsewipe from Gunbroker sent the wrong rifle. Walked away with the sense that a change was in the works. Will make me real happy if it is true and I can get all of the toys off Jamie's shelf.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Blue fins is indeed changing. An employee asked me earlier today if I had a recent ND, DC letter, or am Mil/LEO. Unfortunately, I don't qualify for any of those conditions :( I'm happy for those that do!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom