Bloomberg PAC attempting to defeat NRA 'A' rated candidate in Ill.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Wonder if the liberals who complain about political spending will complain about this one.

Crickets...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    However if we continue the cycle of passing one ban after another and yet ignore the real issues that impact crime, it would not be the most effective use of our resources.

That is the kind of person we need.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Not so fast: This is from her own website, http://www.debbiehalvorson.com/issues/gun-control/ :

To that end, I want to be clear on my positions concerning this topic which include:

-Stiff penalties for Straw Buyers

-Universal Background Checks and registration of all firearms

-Making sure that background checks work so people do not fall through the cracks in the National Data Base.

-Ending the Gun Show loophole.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    I totally support background checks for all sales although we must be prepared for the fact that no criminal will ever submit. But this can be done on the go, no-go basis, without creating a new database. That's the way it is now and that's the way it should say.

Registration of all firearms? Absolutely not.

Last edited:

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    Bloomberg also makes massive contributions to his ole alum John Hopkins. He has given them over $1B. I think he "donated" over $250m last year. This is why MOM is trying to do what he did in NY. He is not biting the hand that feeds him. This is why MOM doesn't care about the industry and jobs Maryland will loose until someone says its over $250m a year.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    She's a moderate Democrat, not a Republican. We shouldn't expect her to be totally pro-gun. The fact that she's focusing on the people-side of the gun violence issue, even if it's in ways we don't agree with, is better than a full-blown liberal Democrat who wants to ban guns and magazines.

I wouldn't qualify her as an ally, but she's not exactly the face of the enemy either. Certainly worth keeping given the political climate in Chicago.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Not so fast: This is from her own website, http://www.debbiehalvorson.com/issues/gun-control/ :

Good catch. Universal Background Checks is code for national gun registry and banning private sales. We already have NICS and the 4473 which is registration to some degree already and something the NRA should not have given into.

Plus we have registration for regulated right here in good ol' Peoples Republic of Maryland so they know what you have already!!

Fvckin' POS bureaucrats! The "Free State" is anything but.

Last edited:

Minuteman - Oath Keeper

Guardian of the Republic
    Jan 28, 2013
    Khandahar, Afghanistan
    I wouldn't qualify her as an ally, but she's not exactly the face of the enemy either. Certainly worth keeping given the political climate in Chicago.

Anyone who wishes to take away or curb your constitutional rights is an enemy. We are here at this impasse today because we allowed our Constitution to slowly get whittled away by those who "are not exactly the face of the enemy".

“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen”. - Samuel Adams

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Anyone who wishes to take away or curb your constitutional rights is an enemy. We are here at this impasse today because we allowed our Constitution to slowly get whittled away by those who "are not exactly the face of the enemy".

I'm not saying that we should compromise at all. I'm just saying that we'd have an easier time not compromising if gun control advocates were pushing for less.

Ask yourself: who'd you rather have in office? Someone like this who doesn't seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid, or some spineless Bloomberg lackey?

Last edited:

Minuteman - Oath Keeper

Guardian of the Republic
    Jan 28, 2013
    Khandahar, Afghanistan
    I'm not saying that we should compromise at all. I'm just saying that we'd have an easier time not compromising if gun control advocates were pushing for less.

Ask yourself: who'd you rather have in office? Someone like this who doesn't seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid, or some spineless Bloomberg lackey?

I understand your point but, I doubt she would move too far off her position which means you are still compromising your rights.

“If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen”. - Samuel Adams

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Again, I didn't say anything about compromising. At all. It's just easier to not compromise when there's less pressure against you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom