• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Bloodless Dueling With Wax Bullets - Cemetery's Gun Blob

A modern version of this is, of course, paintball, which I'd thought of doing after a good friend, who was a part-owner of a store selling paintball and airsoft guns and equipment, encouraged me to do it, but I've never been very active, much less athletic, and I hesitated. Now it's too late, my physical disabilities prevent it. I could maybe man a hidden machine gun nest, if they have such things in paintball competition, and die gloriously for the Reich or the Emperor or whatever.

Anyway, I thought this article was interesting for a number of reasons, such as my Irish heritage and the Code Duello as practiced on the Emerald Isle, and, interestingly enough, the whole "steampunk" craze. And I think shooting non-lethal-but-still-painful (but not too much) projectiles at each other is kinda cool.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    there are a few stories involving rubber riot-control ammo and boredom.....but let's just say that wax is a LOT safer.

See, now, those are the kinds of stories I hope to see when I post links to stuff like this! Can you at least say if there was any permanent damage? It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye or a testicle. :D

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    well, it involved one of those "I wonder how bad this stuff hurts" conversations. What followed was one of those "You can shoot me if I can shoot you back" agreements. Holes in clothing, the wounds definitely leaked, but no permanent damage, and we were too stubborn to do anything but put square pads and duct tape on em. The range was about five yards.

Wax bullets were done at about the same range and hurt a LOT less. Simunition out of our MP5s (we got Sim kits a couple years ago) is even less painful.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    My father told us a story about a rabbit hunting trip he went on with another friend growing up. The shot up all their shells and on the way home stopped off at the general store to sell the rabbits. My father's friend called out from the other side of the railroad trestle on his way home telling my father to try and shoot him. My father's friend thought he was out of ammo. Little did he know that the store owner gave him a hand full of full brass number six shot. The friend dropped his pants and bent over producing a welcome target. My dad said he held about two feet over the guys head and pulled the trigger. It took a while, but the shot reached his friend who was about 200 yards away and with him bent over the skin was stretched tight. There was no blood drawn, but my fathers fried had a rough time sitting down for a couple days.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    Civilians can't purchase simunition right? Definitely wish I could pick up some conversion kits and ammo, would take paintball to a whole new level...

Wait really? I'm sooo disappointed.

You'd think the state would like us to shoot criminals with them instead of real bullets and tax revenue and stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom