• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Finally had to break into some Blazer brass ammo I've had in order to dust off the cobwebs on my 320 Legion X Carry for my LEOSA qual tomorrow.
    The left and right circles are 7 yards rapid fire.
    Then I took it out to 15. JFC... Those 7 fliers are slow aimed fire. God knows what 25 yards would have been.

Mr Ed was there and I borrowed a few rounds of some American Eagle and it was just fine.
    I have never experienced anything like this in all my years.
    So I just shot the rest of the garbage up just to get rounds through some pistols.
    Figure I'll use gold dots for my qual.
    Blazer has never been any good, but I've never seen it this bad.
    Mind blown.
    f57dde7c910c7ac219651cdd2566a250.jpg

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    People, students especially, don't seem to want to accept different ammo is ......well....... different. Glad you saw this before the qualification.

I just ordered a 320 compact rxp, hope it's nice and the grip isn't to small for me. If so guess I'll be ordering a carry grip.

TD

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Finally had to break into some Blazer brass ammo I've had in order to dust off the cobwebs on my 320 Legion X Carry for my LEOSA qual tomorrow.
    The left and right circles are 7 yards rapid fire.
    Then I took it out to 15. JFC... Those 7 fliers are slow aimed fire. God knows what 25 yards would have been.

Mr Ed was there and I borrowed a few rounds of some American Eagle and it was just fine.
    So I just shot the rest of the garbage up just to get rounds through some pistols.
    Mind blown.
    f57dde7c910c7ac219651cdd2566a250.jpg

*****Mebbe the Blazer Ammo you used was only designed for 3 yards rapid fire testing? Sometimes, like with a wife, you get one with a bad box... :innocent0

But yea... Blazer is cheap for a reason I guess. Match ammo it ain't.

sleev-les

Prestige Worldwide
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was using Blazer recently, through 2 different guns. Absolute garbage. I had tumblers and flyers in higher than acceptable amounts.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    *****Mebbe the Blazer Ammo you used was only designed for 3 yards rapid fire testing? Sometimes, like with a wife, you get one with a bad box... :innocent0

But yea... Blazer is cheap for a reason I guess. Match ammo it ain't.
    All boxes are good, just some are better than others.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I have a gun that was giving me some malfunctions with ejecting brass stovepiping and only going in to battery when I reset the trigger(striker safety drag). These problems only happened with blaser. If I shot federal 147 gr target food, the gun was 100%.

I fixed the issues with that gun so that it works fine with everything now, but the malfunctions and crap accuracy turned me away from blaser. Federal is so much better quality for not much more money.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    Maybe that's why I can't hit anything with my wife's 38 snub nose. We have a bunch of Blazer for it that her uncle gave her. Of course, it's probably mostly the gun. It couldn't possibly me.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Just left Bass Pro a short while ago, they had lots of range ammo in stock... Fed American Eagle, Winchester WB, Herters, etc. Since you already know the Federal works well in your 320 maybe you can save your Gold Dots.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just left Bass Pro a short while ago, they had lots of range ammo in stock... Fed American Eagle, Winchester WB, Herters, etc. Since you already know the Federal works well in your 320 maybe you can save your Gold Dots.
    It's ok. I can burn these Dots up. I have been carrying Critical Duty lately. Thanks for the ammo heads up tho!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    IMHO, this has been my experience with almost all "cheap" ammo for cheap calibers. 9mm, 45, 5.56/.223. Sometimes there is some manufacturer that shoots okay and I can tell a gun likes something much better than some other gun does. But for the most part, a lot of them just don't shoot that accurate. I can crank out 9mm reloads on a lee classic turret that shoots about as well or better than most very good 9mm for less than Blazer.

My .223 62gr reloads shoot better than any "mil spec" 5.56 or plinking 223. My 20" groups 3-4" with the various M193, M855 and .223 55/62gr stuff. An exception is it seems to shoot IMI around 2.5MOA. But my "no care taken" 62gr reloads on my lee turret press using Armscor 62gr bullets shoots around 2MOA. And on my 16", well it shoots most stuff 3-5MOA, but my reloads shoot about 2.5MOA. Of course match, my reloads aren't there. But I run 69gr RMR with some more care using same case and my 20" shoots around 1MOA and my 16" around 2MOA. Which is about on par with nice match ammo like Hornady Black 75gr.

PS my Glock 19 doesn't like WWB 115gr. It patterns like you saw at 15yds.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I used to use Blazer aluminum-cased ammo for my daughter and I to shoot competitions. I had plenty decent ammo, but viewed these matches as learning opportunities and neither of us really cared how we scored. My daughter and I both got quite proficient at clearing malfs.

It was hilarious when Lou came up to me at one of the Mayberry matches, shaking one of my daughter's mags at me say "This is why she is having so much trouble with her gun, it's this sh!t ammo you're giving her!!" I pulled one of my own mags with the same sh!t ammo and started shaking it back at him. Once I explained that this was a training exercise for us, he was OK, but still a little irritated with me for causing her to have to fix her pistol during almost every magazine.

Good times, miss old Lou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom