• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    :tdown: to Blade HQ. I know that the won't ship automatic knives to MD, but fixed blades, c'mon man. I tried to order a Toor Viper fixed blade from them last night. At the last stage of checking out, it let me know that they won't ship it to MD. Anyone else ever have this issue with them?

Emailed their customer service and they replied this AM that it may or may not be legal in MD, but it is their shipping policy. WTF? Fugg'em.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I did - directly from Toor. Was just freaking amazed that Blade HQ drew such a bizarre line in the sand on their shipping to MD.
    I've read about this a lot here with companies refusing to do things that are legal be cause they don't understand. I guess they are just trying to CTA? CYA but their.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Sometimes I wonder, is it because Md is not a 2A friendly state, companies refuse to do business here? If that's ever the case, they are screwing the wrong people.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Blade HQ is one of the worst for that. Knives aren't quite like firearms, there are still plenty that DFAF and will ship anything to anywhere, although some might have a box to check with some CYA BS like "I confirm that this order is lawful in my area"

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Until recently, I haven't been hampered at all by companies that refused to sell to MD. I have been able to find the blades I wanted from elsewhere for about the same price.

There is one I want that I can't get because it is only offered at one place and they won't ship to me in MD.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Until recently, I haven't been hampered at all by companies that refused to sell to MD. I have been able to find the blades I wanted from elsewhere for about the same price.

There is one I want that I can't get because it is only offered at one place and they won't ship to me in MD.
    That sucks. In my case it worked out for the better. The knife in question is the priced same at all re-sellers as it is on the manufacturer's site. In this case, I am glad I ended up paying that price wholly to the veteran-owned, made-in-USA manufacturer rather than having Blade HQ take the middle man's cut.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I received in the mail, today, two fixed-blade Moranivs from Blade HQ.
    I checked and noticed earlier that they would ship some steak and hunting knives to my location. Still baffled that they won't ship the fixed blade in question. Only difference is that it looks tactical. Still not sure where they are drawing their imaginary line, but not fretting it as my dollars are not going in their direction again. There literally are no fixed blades that are not legal in the state.

rfawcs

Si Se Pwodway
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 15, 2008
    Waldorf, MD
    I don't blame you for shopping elsewhere. It is extremely frustrating trying to deal with sellers who are unclear or uninformative about where they will sell their products and where they won't, or why. It's obvious they think there is something about that knife that would make it illegal in the PDRM but who knows what it could be? I can understand their reluctance to get into a possible legal situation, but that doesn't help us.

I had a similar problem with Palmetto State Armory, so they don't get my business anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom