• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Anyone have any experience with the Blackthorne bolt action, single shot upper for the AR? It shoots 50BMG.

Just wondering if it is worth trying with.

Dave

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The word on the street is to stay away from anything Blackthorne/Hesse/Vulcan/etc.. I have never owned one, just passing along info on their reputation.

Last edited:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    So, the based on what I am seeing here I get the feeling I should disregard getting one of these. Is that the hints I am getting? :D

Thanks, I will steer clear. Seems like a nice setup if you dont have 8K to spend on a Barrett. Too bad the company behind it sucks.

Dave

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    The word on the street is to stay away from anything Blackthorne/Hesse/Vulcan/etc.. I have never owned one, just passing along info on their reputation.

:thumbsup: No experience with them, but based on the level of internet animosity, and bad reviews; I'd run, not walk away.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    So, the based on what I am seeing here I get the feeling I should disregard getting one of these. Is that the hints I am getting? :D

Thanks, I will steer clear. Seems like a nice setup if you dont have 8K to spend on a Barrett. Too bad the company behind it sucks.

Dave

As someone else pointed our Safety Harbor makes a version as well. We have a customer who has one and is happy with it. There are also more budget dedicated 50s as well, such as the AR-50, the Bushmaster BA50, and even Barrett makes a not terribly expensive bolt 50 (compared to the 82 or 107).

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Blackthorn dose anything for money. they are like the stock traders before 9/11 they here of something being sold and are the first to sell at a $$$ like the krink kits which came loss being thrown around by the post man. Also they came from surbia* (i spelled that wrong) with mags but they with held that info and sold them separately

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom