• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 23, 2014
    Calvert County
    Hello!

I have been trying to hunt down Blackhorn 209 powder for my muzzleloader but it seems everywhere I can think of doesn't carry it. Does anyone know of any stores in Maryland that carry it? I'd like to avoid having to order online and pay hazmat.

Thanks!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Within a week or two of Muzzleloader season (which was what 10/20?) Stuff like this becomes harder to find.
    Online, basspro is showing the Arundle Mall as In Stock and Ashland Va store low on stock.

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    To avoid hazmat charge order online and do instore pick up. Pain free when you get there it's ready. Gentleman at bass pro did tell me there online availability check isn't very accurate. Went in one day looking for primers that said they had them instore. Guess what none on the shelves ask the guy behind the gun counter and said no haven't had them for at least two weeks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    To avoid hazmat charge order online and do instore pick up. Pain free when you get there it's ready. Gentleman at bass pro did tell me there online availability check isn't very accurate. Went in one day looking for primers that said they had them instore. Guess what none on the shelves ask the guy behind the gun counter and said no haven't had them for at least two weeks.

Good point!
    Call first because they can pull it aside, put behind the counter with your name on it.

Apr 23, 2014
    Calvert County
    Went and took a look in person at Bass Pro today and what do you know, they had a few bottles sitting on the shelf! Excited to get out there and try it out this weekend. I've heard some great things about it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Went and took a look in person at Bass Pro today and what do you know, they had a few bottles sitting on the shelf! Excited to get out there and try it out this weekend. I've heard some great things about it.

Just a note, did you read up on it?
    It is recommended to use shotgun magnum primers instead of inline primers.
    I have 2 CVAs for me and my son, CVA makes a different breech plug to get better ignition. I had not found magnum shotgun primers, so I ended up using regular shotgun primers and I've never had an issue to date.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Bought some at Freds in white plains a few weeks ago.
    As with everything Freds - it wasn't cheap.

Good stuff tho. Shoots fine in my TC with standard 209 primers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom