• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlindJim

Feb 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    Say what?

Oh, I've sent my share of lead down range with a flash and a boom and a cloud of fragrant white smoke :D I even accepted an invitation to register on the N-SSA Website and find out about skirmishing at Ft. Shenandoah. They were running a big push to get new members, IIRC. Unfortunately, there were a few old-timers who were apparently working to sabotage the membership drive. I didn't suffer pompous, arrogant egos quite as well as I do now and I took a walk.

I find this statement somewhat ironic.

First, anyone is welcome to register and post on the N-SSA Bulletin board.

Next there was no "big push".

The N-SSA like every other hobby has it's share of odd balls, (Like re-enacting doesn't?) but with 3500 members I can certainly assure anyone reading this that there are plenty of decent folks.

There are "good time teams" that really enjoy hanging out as a group, serious shooting teams where winning is their thing, teams where having an authentic uniform is important, and I even know of at least one "dry" team, where no drinking is allowed at their campsite.

Some members think people should seek out the N-SSA, others think that people need to be invited, that is the only real difference I know of when it comes to recruiting.

I would encourage anyone even remotely interested to come out to Fort Shenandoah during the May National Skirmish. Its free. Period. No one will try to draft you!

Even you Mr LaFrance.

Last edited:

BlindJim

Feb 7, 2009
    Cecil County
    bone head

Well, actually, I was trying to be civil, but I can see that won't work.

You were described as a "tirekicker" and a time waster by those who dealt with you.

Your departure from our bulletin board - where you picked fights and started arguements was a blessing.

"She who must be obeyed" ?

Now that is sad....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom