• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I am sorry to hear about your brother. I lost an aunt to gun violence in PG County.

What I'd like to know is why is there a war on drugs, a war on terror, but no war on the root of the violence epidemic in our cities... generational/cyclical poverty? Guess it's not a cool enough buzzword for the MSM. Why are so many young black men killing other young black men, and nothing is done about it? I can see why guns would leave a bad taste in some Black folks mouths.

Maybe it starts with Planned Parenthood having 60% of their clinics in the Inner Cities or their appalling abortion rate of Black Babies vs other races.

How can a community accept such institutionalized genocide?

Couldn't such acceptance also be the cause of the MSM's disregard of the Black-on-Black murder rate?

I'm sure those generous, benevolent and well meaning liberals in the DNP and MSM believe that If the Black Community doesn't care about its' murdered babies then why would it care about its' murdered young men

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Couldn't such acceptance also be the cause of the MSM's disregard of the Black-on-Black murder rate?
    No. Our culture generally deems men unworthy of concern when they are the subject of violence. It often makes them the butt of jokes when they are. Black men are still men, and so are not the subject of the MSM's concern.

twan

Oct 30, 2009
    Owings Mills, MD
    You didn't get my sarcasm...it was hiding my jealously. Glad you had a good time. :thumbsup:

Lol. I'm slow sometime. If you was jealous then. We went cause of my birthday/anniversary my wife got me & friend two plane tixs & 2 game tixs to the dolphins(my fav team since 5 grade)patriot game so I will be jumping on a plane Nov 30 to sunny miami

FearNoEvil

Aug 5, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have a very interesting story to tell...

I am an African American gun owner and very proud of that fact. While I feel shamed that I never excercised this right in the past (maybe I took it for granted) and being former US Navy I had what I would consider as a JOLT which woke me up to become a gun owner.

Not too long ago I lived in PG County and worked in Arlinhton, Va. and had some individuals according to the cops assume that I was well to do. A break in occured at my home while I was at work- a father , the son and the son's friend all had weapons. Lucky for me I was not home or according to PG County's finest I would have more than likely been killed if I were home. A few of my neighbors saw what was happening when these criminals broke in and called the cops. Instead of the criminals taking routers, laptops and other valuables they tore my place up and ended up stealing a backpack and some air jordan sneakers...When I went to the police station after being called at my job it seemed as if the cops were accusing me of being a criminal. Lucky for me some of the people waiting in the lobby area were from my Agency and a friend of mine's aunt is a Maryland State trooper told the PG cops to back off, since they knew my reputation as being a very clean and upright citizen. The cops finally told me that the criminals ran from them and one of them threw a gun at an officer and he was surprised his partner did not kill the guy...
    I asked the cops to show me the crimnals mug shots they refused..still confused about that one..but I manahed to retrive my property and went back to my wrecked home...I felt violated...
    After a few days one of the prosecuters called form PG County and started asking me questions and the final one stunned me "Sir, what color are you?" I didn' tknow how to answer because I thought if someone did criminal things to a victim that individual is a victim regardless. I told the prosecuter I am black and wow did it change the conversation...He stated that "well it is Maryland they do nto care about your personal property and since you are black oh well..."
    I ended up getting a new prosecutor and she seemed to care more about what happened and seemed to keep me informed until these guys went to trial and the deal cutting began...

The son's friend was let go free of all charges
    The son got 18 years suspended to 3 years probabtion- again a felon with a handgun, wasn't sure how he escaped getting at least 5 years
    It took almost 2.5 years after the crime for the father to be brought back from federal prison ( yes he was on federal probabtion) to answser to the charges. This dude ended up getting sentenced to a concurrent sentence with his federal time. He also has a number of other charges waiting on him - rape in DC, rape in Maryland and attempted murder-unsure if those cases have been heard or not. I was summonsed to court for his trial and waited like a good citizen since Maryland wrote me and said I had to come to court or else they would arrest me for not showing up. I did not feel comfortable showing up and explained that to the prosecutor becase these people obviously knew what I looked like but I did not know what they looked like. So I show up and am sitting on the bench outside the courtroom- my victim coordinator came out and said that the case would not be heard that day because they could not find the prosecutor and was told to go hoem or back to work, so I left. I ended up getting a call later in the day from the prosecutor and she said " I heard you cane to court today, well the case went" and she proceeded to tell me this joker got the concurrent sentence...again a felon with a weapon with a long rap sheet...

It still took me awhile to come to reality and the need to buy weapons, wa sin denial until one my closest friends who is a retired Capitol Police Captain gave me a stern lecture....since then I have made my purchases and plan to buy more in the future, ran across this wonderful site and the stories that have been shared...I now look at people who do not own guns legally in the African American community as being strange given the climate we as humans of all races live in...I do my part, pass out the MSI information and pamphlets given to me to educate people. Now I have more African Americans coming to me asking for advice on weapons purchases and such due to similar issues - robberies, sexual predators, sex offenders etc. happening in there neighborhoods...and am more than happy to give up information and share my story..

Sorry to be long winded but wanted to get this off my chest...Thanks guys!!!

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I have a very interesting story to tell...

I am an African American gun owner and very proud of that fact. While I feel shamed that I never excercised this right in the past (maybe I took it for granted) and being former US Navy I had what I would consider as a JOLT which woke me up to become a gun owner.

Not too long ago I lived in PG County and worked in Arlinhton, Va. and had some individuals according to the cops assume that I was well to do. A break in occured at my home while I was at work- a father , the son and the son's friend all had weapons. Lucky for me I was not home or according to PG County's finest I would have more than likely been killed if I were home. A few of my neighbors saw what was happening when these criminals broke in and called the cops. Instead of the criminals taking routers, laptops and other valuables they tore my place up and ended up stealing a backpack and some air jordan sneakers...When I went to the police station after being called at my job it seemed as if the cops were accusing me of being a criminal. Lucky for me some of the people waiting in the lobby area were from my Agency and a friend of mine's aunt is a Maryland State trooper told the PG cops to back off, since they knew my reputation as being a very clean and upright citizen. The cops finally told me that the criminals ran from them and one of them threw a gun at an officer and he was surprised his partner did not kill the guy...
    I asked the cops to show me the crimnals mug shots they refused..still confused about that one..but I manahed to retrive my property and went back to my wrecked home...I felt violated...
    After a few days one of the prosecuters called form PG County and started asking me questions and the final one stunned me "Sir, what color are you?" I didn' tknow how to answer because I thought if someone did criminal things to a victim that individual is a victim regardless. I told the prosecuter I am black and wow did it change the conversation...He stated that "well it is Maryland they do nto care about your personal property and since you are black oh well..."
    I ended up getting a new prosecutor and she seemed to care more about what happened and seemed to keep me informed until these guys went to trial and the deal cutting began...

The son's friend was let go free of all charges
    The son got 18 years suspended to 3 years probabtion- again a felon with a handgun, wasn't sure how he escaped getting at least 5 years
    It took almost 2.5 years after the crime for the father to be brought back from federal prison ( yes he was on federal probabtion) to answser to the charges. This dude ended up getting sentenced to a concurrent sentence with his federal time. He also has a number of other charges waiting on him - rape in DC, rape in Maryland and attempted murder-unsure if those cases have been heard or not. I was summonsed to court for his trial and waited like a good citizen since Maryland wrote me and said I had to come to court or else they would arrest me for not showing up. I did not feel comfortable showing up and explained that to the prosecutor becase these people obviously knew what I looked like but I did not know what they looked like. So I show up and am sitting on the bench outside the courtroom- my victim coordinator came out and said that the case would not be heard that day because they could not find the prosecutor and was told to go hoem or back to work, so I left. I ended up getting a call later in the day from the prosecutor and she said " I heard you cane to court today, well the case went" and she proceeded to tell me this joker got the concurrent sentence...again a felon with a weapon with a long rap sheet...

It still took me awhile to come to reality and the need to buy weapons, wa sin denial until one my closest friends who is a retired Capitol Police Captain gave me a stern lecture....since then I have made my purchases and plan to buy more in the future, ran across this wonderful site and the stories that have been shared...I now look at people who do not own guns legally in the African American community as being strange given the climate we as humans of all races live in...I do my part, pass out the MSI information and pamphlets given to me to educate people. Now I have more African Americans coming to me asking for advice on weapons purchases and such due to similar issues - robberies, sexual predators, sex offenders etc. happening in there neighborhoods...and am more than happy to give up information and share my story..

Sorry to be long winded but wanted to get this off my chest...Thanks guys!!!

I missed your intro post, so, welcome to mdshooters.

Some strange parts to that story, like the son not getting the minimum 5 years for weapons position. I believe if you or I were to carry illegally for self-protection we would surely do those 5 years if we were caught, "to make and example of us".

That prosecutor should have been reported. He's an odd duck, to say the least.

I feel similar about my family when it comes to self protection...some friends, too. They are just so complacent that something will not happen to them and do nothing to arm themselves with even something as simple as pepper spray. You can lead a horse to water...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom