• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Anyone have any info on how many of them have permits? That would be an interesting stat.

Not readily available info, but that's not what's important. Each and every one of them can readily obtain an unrestricted permit if they want one. Jack McCauly has acknowledged that MSP considers legislators to have an inherent G&S. They are a privileged class. :sad20:

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    So money and elected officials are more important then everyday citizens

That's always been the case. Look into continuity of government programs. There's a plan for the apocalypse. There are escape routes out of DC not widely advertised. The purpose is so that a few hand selected first responder types can usher the elites out in a panic. There are underground bunkers for the idiots we keep sending back to DC. There's a plan in case the zombies attack or the world goes all Red Dawn or whatever. It involves saving the idiots in DC but not you or me. You and me are the serfs. We don't matter. Never have, never will. Just as the jackasses in Annapolis can all get CC permits. Captain Jack said it himself. Just being an elected official means your life is worth protecting a la CC. Just being a salesman, a lawyer, an engineer, a retail worker...a commoner; means your life isn't as important (unless of course you're carrying cash that MD gets a cut of). At least here in MD anyway.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So money and elected officials are more important then everyday citizens

easy-button-featured1.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back at the "Mike" question.

Committee Chairs have absolute power, and can't be *ordered* to do or not do anything.

However , they are apointed / removed by the House Speaker / Senate President. A Chair undoubtedly can do most routine Committee business as they see fit , but if they go seriously rogue on important matters , they will find themselves no longer a Chairperson , but instead the junior member of the Basketweaving Committee. And no longer receiving any canpaign $ from the State Party, and no longer apearing on a Slate of fellow Dems with name recognition. But their hand picked Primary opponent will.

So if you could get a ham sandwich apointed Committee Chair, it would still have to follow orders.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Yeah, it says that SB100 is a good deal for the State. I referred to it in my written testimony, in my follow up emails, and my follow up voice messages. I doubt Zirkin even read it. :sad20: Just more evidence that the two Committee Chairs are not being intellectually honest with the voters and their constituents. Barring a last minute infusion of legislative integrity, Zirkin has got to go.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Last edited:

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Hmmmm. What is new? What am I missing?
    Is it that YOU just found the every proposed legislation comes with a Fiscal and Policy note?

All bills usually get a Fiscal and Policy note with a day or two of the Committee hearing.
    SB100's notes were there before the hearing.

Thank you, I did not know that.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    What I do know is that some members of this forum should stop and think before they go on the offensive... Some people here sure like the vinegar approach... even though sugar works better.:sad20:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, it says that SB100 is a good deal for the State. I referred to it in my written testimony, in my follow up emails, and my follow up voice messages. I doubt Zirkin even read it. :sad20: Just more evidence that the two Committee Chairs are not being intellectually honest with the voters and their constituents. Barring a last minute infusion of legislative integrity, Zirkin has got to go.

I'd have to disagree. Intellectual honesty to voters and constituents is killing the bills. If people here believe the majority of Marylanders support shall issue, or wrestling G&S for quasi shall issue, want to put it to referendum? We must depend on the Constitution and lawyers that can plead for it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Damn , I hadn't thought of Old Bay on choclate , I'll have to try it. I use it on everything else , just not much of a choclate person.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I'd have to disagree. Intellectual honesty to voters and constituents is killing the bills. If people here believe the majority of Marylanders support shall issue, or wrestling G&S for quasi shall issue, want to put it to referendum? We must depend on the Constitution and lawyers that can plead for it.

:sad20: If you heard the testimony, and lack of opposition, and had any integrity, you would allow a vote at the commitee level. Zirkin is acting like a hack, and deserves to be called out for it.

Don't make the mistake of mixing and matching fundamental, enumerated, constitutionally protected rights, with referendum issues. Apples and oranges. Want to change the Constitution? Go right ahead, but the lefties in Maryland can't do it on their own. Won't ever happen.

We agree that SCOTUS will likely ultimately decide this issue, but ignoring and not trying to hold the state legislature accountable for their transgressions is how this state got to be where it is in the first place.

No, I won't debate this for the next week. You have my opinion and I have yours. The rest can make up their own minds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom