Bill shot down...does this mean people will CHILL OUT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    2012 - Obama is re-elected for 2nd term -> Panic Buy

Dec 2012 - Newtown Massacre -> Super Panic Buy

NY, CO, CT, MD - Pass strict gun legislation -> Ultra Super Panic Buy

April 2013 - Gun Bill shot down -> Nation chills out???

I sure hope so. Is there any need for people outside of MD to be stockpiling PMags, Ammo and 'Assault Weapon' parts/guns anymore???

What other states have state level gun legislation in the works at the moment?

In other words...Can us MDers get a freakin break!!! We only have till Oct 1st!

You realize another mass shooting could revitalize everything, right?

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I'm thinking that now that there has been a VOTE on actual legislation things will chill. Slightly.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    We had 9 years to get what ever we wanted...

Nine years ago I was a soph in high school. No money for guns/ammo until last fall before SHTF, and the last 5 months have been a no-go as I'm not going to pay $1600+ for a rifle that was $1k a year ago.

i was in sixth grade...no chance...:envy:

Don't see Oct 1, 2013 as a catastrophe! It's an opportunity, you are going to be amazed at the crazy crap that you really can still buy without MoM's legislation being able to stop you.

Belt feds, SBR's, AOW's, higher quality and more powerful alternatives. Watch and see. This law will not stop the procurement of anything really cool other than a few rifles. They really screwed themselves worse than you might imagine.

It's a good time to want quality military style rifles. Very few doors will be closed by this legislation.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The industry is devoted to making sure you're panicky and paying inflated prices for the rest of your life. Expect a new round of "but we hear DiFi has a new plan for an AWB next month!!!" talk shortly.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Don't see Oct 1, 2013 as a catastrophe! It's an opportunity, you are going to be amazed at the crazy crap that you really can still buy without MoM's legislation being able to stop you.

Belt feds, SBR's, AOW's, higher quality and more powerful alternatives. Watch and see. This law will not stop the procurement of anything really cool other than a few rifles. They really screwed themselves worse than you might imagine.

It's a good time to want quality military style rifles. Very few doors will be closed by this legislation.

Yep, I got a bid in on a Lahti 20mm anti tank rifle as we speak.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

Obama still has 2 more congressional years to get his legislation thru...

I don't see him shying away...

He'll be back next year...

Meanwhile I don't see the ammo shortages ending for at least 2 more years...

And AMMO CONTROL = GUN CONTROL

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    The industry is devoted to making sure you're panicky and paying inflated prices for the rest of your life. Expect a new round of "but we hear DiFi has a new plan for an AWB next month!!!" talk shortly.

But she does have a new plan for AWB next month. And the month after that, and the month after that... She's not going to stop until she wins, gets voted out of office, retires, or passes away.

I expect her to try to attach AWBs to damn near anything that is on the Senate floor. Especially when it comes to schools, guns, or security. Even if it's doomed from the start.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It looks like it was just an amendment to a bill, but i cant find out what the bill was

Further research says it was the bill....

Theres too much crap on the internet saying different things

The main bill is S649. It is rumored that Reid plans to withdraw it today, but as of now, there were NO amendments that passed and cloture passed last Thursday on it.

Look here for the text: http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/649/text

*** Bombing - bomber blamed. Shooting - gun blamed. Benghazi - nobody blamed. ***

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    I certainly hope Obama isn't parading those families from Newtown around like political pawns for a whole 'nother year.

But I wouldn't put it past him.

Between the disaster that is Obamacare and his flagrant opposition to the will of the people over 2A issues, I am hoping people finally begin to see him for what he is.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We had 9 years to get what ever we wanted...

i was in sixth grade...no chance...:envy:

I guess that I can count my lucky starts then that I'm a 50 something geezer. I was lucky to get what I wanted during Ehrlich vs. Townsend in 2002. I didn't think that Ehrlich had a prayer, and the way Kathleen Townsend was talking about shredding the Second Amendment made O'Malley look like a piker.

Suffice it to say, I dropped a lot of coin and "front loaded" my lifetime collection thinking that I'd getter get while the getting was good. A left wing friend of mine ridiculed me at the time as being paranoid, but now I'm good to go. From a purely financial standpoint, I'm way ahead of the game even factoring the interest that I paid on the debts I piled up at the time. I'm happy to say that my toys have been paid for 100% for quite a while now, and my credit cards have long cooled off.

At the time, AR's were going for around $750, semi auto AK posers such as the SAR-1 were going for around $400, and we were awash in those Yugo 59/66 SKS's which were going for about $170. I remember at the time hearing the really old timers pining for the "old days" when AR's were around $400, and and SKS could be had for about 80 bucks.

All I can say is that I feel for you young guys.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Sgt Preston here...

Obama still has 2 more congressional years to get his legislation thru...

I don't see him shying away...

He'll be back next year...

Meanwhile I don't see the ammo shortages ending for at least 2 more years...

And AMMO CONTROL = GUN CONTROL

Well next year are mid-term elections .... I am pretty sure NO GUN BILL will be on the menu ...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    The main bill is S649. It is rumored that Reid plans to withdraw it today, but as of now, there were NO amendments that passed and cloture passed last Thursday on it.

Look here for the text: http://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/649/text

*** Bombing - bomber blamed. Shooting - gun blamed. Benghazi - nobody blamed. ***

Thank you! So with this bill we are technically still not out of the fire yet. If it gets pulled, i think that would be a big sign.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I can easily see this dying down in 6-12 months. It just sucks for us in Maryland because we don’t have 6-12 months. Really though, all I am worried about is flooding Maryland with assault weapons. Everyone should have a friend in PA or VA that can get them magazines (If you don’t have one get one) and handguns will still be available despite the new hoops we have to jump through.

I think we just have to admit that we are in for a long haul fight. Maryland court cases will most likely take years to get through and even then, I’m not too positive on the outcome. I’ll see what the next couple of years hold before I make my move to PA.

Jqcj5

Jan 12, 2013
    The reason Dingy Harry voted against it was so he, the majority leader, can bring it back in the future.

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    Locally things will remain high and hard to find. Online prices for ammo will hopefully start to trickle down. Its really causing problems for me I just got into long range shooting a few months back and quality 308 ammo is hard to find. Not to mention I really wanted to get a flat shooting groundhog gun in 204 ruger or 22-250 but lack of ammo has put off buying a new caliber. All I've been shootin is 30-06 since I have loads of hxp. I know I know reload but with a 4 year old step son a son on the way and working 64+hrs a week I just don't have the time.

I have a savage 204 w/accutrigger I bought for praire dog shooting a few years back I will sell ya. Hit me up. I am also waiting for ammo prices to come down a little bit. Hopefully sooner than later.

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Nope. Prices will be jacked for at least 6 months to a year because no one will want to take a loss on all the crap they overpaid for, including dealers who've now back-ordered stuff for a couple months at panic prices.

Nope Prices on Guns have already started to go back down. You are still stuck paying retail right now but most guns can be had from around retail when you can find them. I have had better luck buying out of state were the shops aren't dealing with SB281.

Thanks
    Robert

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    The long-term solution is to make as many new shooters as you can.

I have ordered 35 lower receivers that a local gun shop is transferring to my friends. About 2/3 of those will go to new shooters.

This legislation really woke people up. We need to make sure we grow our numbers.

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Def hope so!
    I agree this has woken people up. People I didn't know cared voiced to me how they didn't support what Obama was trying to do. I told every one of them to contact their representative and let them know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom