• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magerko

Nov 24, 2022
    Baltimore County
    They took an oath? Much like a contract, an oath is only as good as the person taking it.
    Plenty of judges have ruled against the 2A since Bruen because they hate the 2nd Amendment and refuse to do their job in an unbiased manner.
    Wouldn’t surprise me at all if it goes before the full court and they rule against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. I took an oath when joining the military and if I didn't live up to that oath, my ass would have been grass and I would have spent many years in a cage with 3 hots & a cot.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Out of the Appropriations Committee. They have ZERO respect for the Constitution. When does the required Voter Training begin???

Permit-to-Purchase Gun Law Advances in Delaware​

The Delaware House of Representatives Appropriations Committee has advanced a new law that would require Delawareans to obtain a permit through a firearm training course in order to buy a handgun.

Under the proposed law, Senate Bill 2, Delawareans would need to complete an approved training course within five years before they can purchase a handgun. Delaware House Majority Leader Melissa Minor-Brown says active and retired police and anyone else permitted to carry a concealed deadly weapon would be exempt from the permit requirement.

“In almost every aspect of our lives, people must undergo some version of training: to operate machinery, for medical purposes, to drive, to serve alcohol, and many other activities,”
    Minor-Brown said in a statement. “Requiring people who want to buy a firearm to take a training course isn’t some undue burden; it’s basic common sense to learn how to safely load, use and store a lethal weapon.”

Senate Bill 2 was originally released by the House Judiciary Committee in May, but was reassigned to the Appropriations Committee as it is estimated to cost $100,000 or more to the state within the next three years. On Thursday, the Appropriations Committee released the bill as well, advancing it towards a general vote in the House.

A similar qualification law was passed in neighboring Maryland in 2016, but that law is now facing repeal following judicial scrutiny. A Federal Appeals court ruled the mandatory training course and license requirements to purchase a handgun in Maryland were unconstitutional.

The Delaware House of Representatives is now in recess and will reconvene on Tuesday, January 9th in the new year. House Democrats say they will continue their efforts to pass SB 2 then.

leakytire

Aug 1, 2022
    Greenwood, DE.
    If they charge money for this permit, it is like charging money for your Constitutional rights. Somebody ought to start a campaign to flood the permitting operation with requests, everybody and their uncle apply, including even CCDW owners. Get right in their face.
    -Simon

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Legislator questions lack of public hearing for handgun permit bill​

A permit-to-purchase bill for handguns that passed the Senate last session is getting some pushback after recently moving through a House committee with no in-person public input.

“It’s definitely a violation of House rules,” said Rep. Bryan Shupe, R-Milford, about Senate Substitute Bill 2, released from the House Appropriations Committee Dec. 14 by signature only.

The bill was introduced last session and passed the Senate by a 15-6 vote May 2. It would primarily create an application process for a purchase permit and require firearm training before someone can buy a handgun.
    Shupe said the House continues working under temporary rules because of discussions last session over changing House rules. Specifically, he said, he wanted House rules to require every bill receive a committee hearing – no more desk drawer vetoes by committee chairs – and every bill voted out of committee be heard on the House floor within 15 days.

Even though there has been no movement on his proposed changes, Shupe said, the current temporary rules say that every bill shall be heard in a public committee. The handgun permit bill and similar gun bills address contentious issues that draw passionate crowds both for and against, Shupe said, and they deserve to be heard.

“I think the general public expects to have legislation debated in committee and on the floor,” he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom