• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    It was a District Court in the 4th Circuit. Until it’s appealed and a ruling comes down, then it applies to MD.

IANAL

MeatGrinder

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2013
    MoCo, Eastern edge
    I just watched all 16 minutes of it. He had several good points. I, myself, was not aware of the Militia Act of 1792. Given Bruen, this worked out perfectly for the plaintiffs. For the record, I am not a hater of Mark Smith. I've just gotten annoyed at the seemingly unnecessary length of his videos. But, perhaps a break did me good. I was not irritated this time and the 16 minutes floated right by.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    I would be shocked if Mark Smith isn't a member here.

The unkind comments toward him is unwarranted. He is a good dude and I appreciate his work.
    I can't believe the amount of complaining that goes on about the length of a short video that has such pertinent information that is so graciously offered ... I always thought I had ADHD but some of the people here are really afflicted !

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Some people like the sound of their own voice, especially litigators. If I learn something I’ll put up with it.

YMMV

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Next thing you know we’ll be asked to hold someone’s Johnson while they pee because it’s too much of a hassle to do it yourself.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I have no problem holding my own pecker, but when my zipper gets stuck I’ll know who to call!

:D

This guy.

2171526-photo-u21

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I don't know. I do know that the 11th Circuit earlier this year upheld a Florida STATE law passed after Parkland that raised the age to purchase all firearms to age 21. Seems another of any number of questions destined at some point for SCOTUS.

Thanks for the link. I stand corrected.T
    The 11th Circuit decision was in Bondi and the 11th Circuit thereafter granted rehearing en banc and is holding the case pending a decision by the SCT in Rahimi. A grant of rehearing en banc operates to vacate the panel decision thereby depriving it of precedential value.

Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The 11th Circuit decision was in Bondi and the 11th Circuit thereafter granted rehearing en banc and is holding the case pending a decision by the SCT in Rahimi. A grant of rehearing en banc operates to vacate the panel decision thereby depriving it of precedential value.
    I have no idea what you just said.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Another up vote for Mark Smith. Yes, his videos have some length, but given the legal issues and thoroughly explaining them for any viewer regardless of how much they already may know, or not, I don't think they could be much shorter. It's like everything legal. There really isn't a Lite version. And from what I can tell, he seems to have one of the best legal backgrounds and perspectives of any of those posting about 2A issues on YouTube.
    Ditto. Maybe I’m less sensitive to his verbosity because I’m just used to hanging out with trial attorneys. However, he does an excellent job of explaining the nuances, and he knows what he is talking about. Same can’t be said of some other 2A YouTubers. I also like that he clarifies when he’s giving his opinion as opposed to talking about more settled areas of the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom