• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Apparently Joe overlooked the fact that the Taliban didn't need them to defeat the USSR and the US.

Anyway, he was dismissing the need for anyone to own an AR15; just got carried away by the Narrative.

Any time you begin to believe that true democracy is a viable method to run a nation, consider that half of the voters are mentally below average, and they elect their peers.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    This is a retread from several years ago.

Like his son dying in Iraq. :facepalm:

He has a string you pull on him and he keeps repeating the same dozen or so phrases every time you let it go...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Apparently Joe overlooked the fact that the Taliban didn't need them to defeat the USSR and the US.

Anyway, he was dismissing the need for anyone to own an AR15; just got carried away by the Narrative.

Any time you begin to believe that true democracy is a viable method to run a nation, consider that half of the voters are mentally below average, and they elect their peers.
    Just remember Churchill though. Paraphrased. Democracy is just the least bad form of government people have tried.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    So is that a downgrade from F-15s? I thought he said we'd need those once. F-16s are great but F-15s are more hearty in payload and speed I thought, from that 'era'.

Anyway isn't the tree of liberty watered by the blood of tyrants?? The quote said patriots.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    So, just spit-balling here, but there are plenty of F-16s and other aircraft right here in the Continental United States.

I'm pretty sure that a warring US populace could get their hands on all of the weaponry they need, and I bet there are at least a couple of retired fighter pilots, or otherwise capable civilian pilots, who'd be more than willing to jump in the cockpit of a captured F-16 to fight for the good of the cause.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So, just spit-balling here, but there are plenty of F-16s and other aircraft right here in the Continental United States.

I'm pretty sure that a warring US populace could get their hands on all of the weaponry they need, and I bet there are at least a couple of retired fighter pilots, or otherwise capable civilian pilots, who'd be more than willing to jump in the cockpit of a captured F-16 to fight for the good of the cause.
    Historically speaking, even the relatively untrained and motivated only really need to figure out how to get gear up and air born, landing is optional for the truly determined and motivated - just saying.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland

Ground support, air combat control, and secured airfields to operate from would likely be the larger challenge. If you have a Hadji twin towers plan, then you can ignore all of that.

I think I'd rather have a couple of c130s but I'm not even rated to fly a single engine legally so it's a wish or I'd need to politely ask a knowledgeable pilot to fly them. The ability to move men and material and land/take off from less than perfect runways seems more valuable to me in the mid and long term.

Edited to remove my dunce fuel related comments since 135sohc was kind enough to smarten me up!

Last edited:

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I would imagine that the next future rebellion against an overly authoritative Federal government would be everyone taking potshots at anyone who was representative of such... or supported such. Including state government officials... once that line was crossed, and materialized.

This is why the liberal left is so focused on castrating the meaning of the 2nd Amendment from our Constitution.

It's funny how the COTUS was drafted to limit power, but it's being viewed as how to extend power, by the overzealous political champions of late, who wish to destroy this country.

I also believe that the media will be targeted and silenced, at least temporarily. They've done nothing to recent date but misreport, embellish and misconstrue actual news events and facts.

People are fed up.

This revolt won't be centralized either. It'll be decentralized across the United States. People will hear what is going on and it will eventually pick up steam, because of more folks becoming desperate and can't make ends meet. Thankfully we're not at that point. Yet.

Last edited:

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ground support, air combat control, and secured airfields to operate from would likely be the larger challenge. If you have a Hadji twin towers plan, then you can ignore all of that.

I think I'd rather have a couple of c130s but I'm not even rated to fly a single engine legally so it's a wish or I'd need to politely ask a knowledgeable pilot to fly them. The ability to move men and material and land/take off from less than perfect runways seems more valuable to me in the mid and long term. Then there is the fuel issue; easier to find compatible fuel in less secured locations for a turboprop than a jet.
    Turboprop engines use jet fuel also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom