Beware: Wideners credit/debit cards hacked?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Finally, they turned off online ordering on their website.... IMO they waited way too long to do so.

Please excuse the inconvenience!
    Ordering via the web site has been temporarily terminated to allow for security and design upgrades.
    You may still phone orders in at 1-800-615-3006.

They've clearly got an incompetent service handling their online orders. That's not really their fault, but they've been told repeatedly that the service is blowing smoke up their butts about problems being fixed, and they've been believing the guys who have been BS-ing them. Maybe they finally got smart.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just placed an order with wideners on 5/2.
    I was having issues getting the transaction to go through. It declined my card for no good reason. I called and tried to order over the phone. The lady reassured me that the security issue was fixed. The next day I tried the order again and it went through. Today I get a call from my bank telling me there were 3 fraudulent charges, the card has been cancelled, and they're sending me a new one.

Good news, it's a very low limit card and all the transactions were declined so no rigamarole or money lost. Bad news is, wideners is the only place Ive used the card in the last month so I think it's pretty obvious that's where the leak was :sad20:

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    From the Widener's sales email I got this morning:

"Shop with confidence as all orders are now Third Party Processing."

Sorry, but....

uxlHPIs.gif

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    :lol:

fwiw, AFTER I had my card hacked I called and complained. The dude told me that their system was not 100% set up when I placed my order as the previous associate had told me. Apparently the transaction no longer goes through their website, but a 3rd party. If that's true then it should be more secure. But this was not set up on 5/2 when I placed my order like I had been told...

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I ordered over the phone with a card shortly after my online order was hacked. This was months ago. The phone order was fine, no issues.

I would just call in your order if you are worried...might be safer.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've ordered from them a couple of times since they got hit, starting with placing orders by phone. The last time that I ordered, I used their online system again, having been told that they'd ditched the people they worked with before and had contracted a professional service to handle their online transactions.

No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom