• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zxcvb

Apr 24, 2011
    I would like to know from the people that had fired all three, which one they think has the best trigger.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Glock with a spring kit and lighter disconnector, m&p with apex trigger kit, springfield don't know too much about. Personally I like the glock stock trigger and if you don't it's cheap and easy to get it how you want. My advise is to test each one stock. M&p can be gritty and need some work so test before you buy.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    I prefer the Glock trigger, my buddy prefers the M&P trigger, and one of my other buddies prefers the XD trigger.

That clear anything up for you?

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    I think that this....

brand.gif

says it all.... :)

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I used to hate the Glock trigger. That spingie, sproingy mushy feeling used to drive me crazy until I found it had no affect on my accuracy. You just need to get past it.

My 2 cents

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    It's subjective as previously stated. I've shot the XD and the Glock, both in .45. The XD is fairly mushy with quite a bit of slack. The Glock trigger feels heavier to me but has very little over travel.

Long story short, find a range that rents those firearms, or someone who is willing to let you shoot theirs. That's the only way you'll know what works for you.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I've shot all three, but had the least amount of time with the XD.

Stock, I'd say XD felt the nicest, then Glock, then M&P.

After adding Apex parts to my M&P, I think it's the nicest of the three.

zxcvb

Apr 24, 2011
    I used to hate the Glock trigger. That spingie, sproingy mushy feeling used to drive me crazy until I found it had no affect on my accuracy. You just need to get past it.

My 2 cents

Agree. My Gold Cup's trigger is much better then my Glock, yet accuracy is not much better.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Like said above you should probably try all of the above before making your move. IMHO it doesn't get much better than an M&P with APEX trigger kit. The kit is easy and economical to install. M&P Pro has a slightly better trigger than the standard M&P, however in mine I still ended up putting in a full APEX Comp kit. I use this gun for IDPA and it has converted quite a few folks away from their Glocks and XD's. That being said there are several nice trigger kits or gunsmiths performing trigger jobs on those guns as well, I just happen to like the M&P with APEX kit best.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Generally the Glock wins in stock format.

If reworked, the M&P wins (Apex Aluminum Trigger Kit).

BEWARE of the spring kits on a defensive gun. The lighter springs WILL lead to misfires especially if the gun isnt tuned and polished when installing the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom