• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Need to ship a Ruger Mark IV barrel for gunsmithing. On the Rugers the barrel is serialized, so considered a handgun. Said gunsmith is an 07/02 FFL. What's the best way for me to do this?

USPS is a no-go on handguns (from private individuals)
    UPS? their website still says yes but i've glazed over recent talk that says avoid them
    FEDEX? their website gives two answers, one part of their site says non-FFLs can't ship firearms period. the other part says individual can ship TO an FFL only.

I really don't want to think that I need to take this to a local gun shop just for them to ship it to the gunsmith.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    FedEx is a no-go for you as they'll only accept firearms from FFL's in their shipping program.

UPS it would have to go overnight express.

Take it to an FFL to ship for you would probably be cheapest, we do this a lot for our customers.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    FEDEX has two answers, as I stated... wtf...

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees can ship firearms to a FFL business or a FFL holder. When shipping to a FFL holder, the holder will only release the firearm to the nonlicensed recipient identified. The recipient will be required to complete the necessary forms and pass a NICS background check.

A nonlicensee cannot ship directly to another nonlicensee from a retail location.

Nonlicensee shippers

Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Not sure I want to actually ask them but I wonder about a C&R for Fedx. It IS a FFL

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Not sure I want to actually ask them but I wonder about a C&R for Fedx. It IS a FFL

I do have my 03:FFL for what it's worth (which, it's probably worth nothing, I've googled and it says it's worth nothing for USPS)

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    It is time for conservatives to start their own companies and businesses! Let put these guys out of business.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    find a ffl that will ship it usps for you. they can use the "cheap" 'if it fits' boxes and if they charge a reasonable transfer fee it will def be cheaper than you shipping fedex or ups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom