• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Oh well, waiting for raised seal birth certificates so we can get them xfered over. PITA!

Getting your PA LTCF through the York County Sheriff is going to feel like a walk in the park after the crap PennDOT puts you through.

Remember, you only have to make one trip to the Admin Center. Just download, print and fill out, then mail in the app. You'll be notified in a couple days to come in and pick up your license. They don't take plastic, so bring cash or check. You can chase around the block looking to a meter, but there is a garage 1/2 block away on Philadelphia St, about 100 yds west of George St where the Admin Center is. The meters near the Center are limited to 30 minutes.

Leave your cell phone and pocket knives in the car, they won't let you in with either. The cell phone thing is weird but they're strict about it.

Welcome to 2A freedom. :D

bmkoenig

Yeah, I've read that Adams Co. takes a little longer than most others. Luckily I am a patient man.

It took me three weeks to get my permit in Adams County when moved there. However, that was January 2013 during the post Sandy Hook panic. They had to have been swamped. I remember 5 people coming into the Sheriff's office to fill out an application when I picked mine up.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    It took me three weeks to get my permit in Adams County when moved there. However, that was January 2013 during the post Sandy Hook panic. They had to have been swamped. I remember 5 people coming into the Sheriff's office to fill out an application when I picked mine up.

Good to know, I'll BOL :thumbsup:

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    They issue Non resident permits if one has employment within the state. But as you said that makes 0 difference when they honor all permits

NR permits if you live outside TN, work in TN, AND TN doesn't recognize your state's permit, last I looked. Since they recognize all permits (including other states' NR permits, I'm pretty sure), the conditions are never satisfied, so none are issued. The NR permit is an artifact from before they accepted everybody's permits.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Well DE is certainly a helluva lot easier than MD! And the part about posting your intent to get the lisc in a local newspaper is no big deal these days since hardly anyone peruses the misc sections of the classifieds anymore. You can also open carry in DE while waiting for the CCDW processing. The car carry part is weird though, as it must be fully visible if a cop needs to peer inside while you are inside. Dash holsters...weird stuff. As a note to us MD BGOS sufferers, DE honors the FL NR lisc for ccw/non visible vehicle carry. I'm not sure about UT anymore. And if you want to open carry in the Newark, Newcastle, and Christiana area, feel free, it seems a total non issue. A non issue at Cabelas too. You can thank DELOC members for paving the way.

jrosenberger

Jan 19, 2011
    NH
    Leaving out prohibited locations from their point system is a major fail. Also they don't quantify the differences between may issue states. Here in MA, once you jump through the hoops and get the permit, carry laws are pretty good. We don't have binding signage and the only prohibited place that's a pain is schools. 90% of the LTCs (required to even own pistols) are unresticted (meaning they allow carry). We don't have to deal with any of the restaurants that allow alcohol, public gatherings, public transit, etc.

Given that I live in a town that issues unrestricted permits, I'll take what I have over IL's shall issue statute any day. Obviously may issue is a massive infringement on rights, but so is regulation so burdensome as to make exercising the right legally perilous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom