• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckshotu2

Sep 30, 2013
    Trying to gather some parts for a couple M14/M1A builds. having a hard time locally sourcing parts. I can find them all day long online, but I'm really wanting to check out parts in person. Is there a particular show or vendor that sells locally? this question will probably incite hysterical laughter by some of the more experienced...:lol2:.... Worth a try.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Locally maybe Chantilly Gun Show. Online is the easiest,
    I have dealt with Jay Higgins for over thirty years. He used to have a store in Laurel.
    He now has a store in Florida that sells military firearm parts and electric trains. He will not ******** you about the Manufacture or quality of his parts. He sometimes has a ad in Shotgun News.
    The name of his store is. Amherst Depot

Last edited:

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Sir,

You may already know this but the M14 parts market is tough. The days of CMP $35 OP rods, trigger groups, and bolts are about 15 years past.

Forget the overpriced gun shows. Buy from vendors that have a good reputation in the M14 world. The best sources for real GI parts are Treeline, RA Parts, Orion 7, and not too many others. None of them are cheap anymore. Beware of junk cast reproduction parts. There are lots out there.

If you are looking for complete parts kits, Treeline has them at around $1400 with a new Criterion barrel. That is about the best you can do. It's a lot of cabbage to lay out at one time, but it will cost you more to try and piece a kit together yourself.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I remember buying complete parts kits at the PG county show for $350 back in about 2003. Parts are real hard to find now. Your best bet for a show is Bill Ricca, as stated above. He used to attend the Frederick and PG county shows but it seems he's scaled back a bit. The last time I saw him was at the latest York show and I dont recall him having an M14 parts but I wasnt looking for any. At the Dulles show, towards the back left corner are a couple Asian women that sell some M14 parts along with M1 carbine, Garand and some FAL stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom