• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    I'm feelin the need to acquire the best, shortest shotgun that a man can get his hands on. I have never been deep into shotguns, so I was hoping for some suggestions from some folks with more experience with the subject. Thanks in advance!

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Forget double, go for the Chiappa Triple Threat, http://www.chiappafirearms.com/product/2629. It is designed so you can remove the stock and make it a pistol grip.

930.032.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Some parameters :

1. Are we talking Title 1 or NFA aka walk into store , buy it , and walk out ? Or spend up to a year dealing with ATF ?

2. Do you mean an actual shotgun ( with butt stock , actually able to hit somthing ) , or pistol grip only ?

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Some parameters :

1. Are we talking Title 1 or NFA aka walk into store , buy it , and walk out ? Or spend up to a year dealing with ATF ?

2. Do you mean an actual shotgun ( with butt stock , actually able to hit somthing ) , or pistol grip only ?

I'm looking for a break barrel , as short as possible, as many rounds as possible without ejecting shells. Don't need a butt stock, pistol grip is preferable to keep the length down. Willing to wait for ATF if it's a shotgun that's worth the wait.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I picked up a Norinco clone coach gun not long ago. Exposed hammers and very good quality. You can find them on gunbroker all the time for around $250.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll have to google them up again, but there is a 007/SOT in MT that specializes in new mfg AOW shotguns (ie $5 tax stamp) including IIRC SxS and O/U . Theoretically you can go shorter, but below 12in you have concers about gripping the forend w/o shooting off your own fingers.

An AOW does NOT require an ATF Form 20 to cross state lines. BUT Maryland considers them handguns. If you do not have an elusive wear and Carry Permit, it would have same transport restrictions as handsguns.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The shortest you can go without going NFA is 26" overall length with 18" long barrel(s).

Any shorter of either part, and you need to buy it on a From 4 or make it yourself on a Form 1. $200 tax stamp.

Once you get the tax stamp, you can make it any overall length with any length barrel(s).

And why not pump or semi auto?

Just realize that the muzzle blast of a very short barreled shotgun is going to be MASSIVE. And a smaller gun is lighter, which means more felt recoil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom