• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    As long as their hours are solely Sunday 10-3...they won't get new members in droves. Expansion of public hours is what will get them more volunteers, IMO.

I don't know. It's been packed the times I've gone. I'm part of the problem they have in a way since I could volunteer (I have the time) but I'm not sure I could keep my temper with some of the crap I see. The ROs are good and stop nonsense fast but the things some people do I just want to slap them. Until they can get more people to volunteer to work more hours or other days, they're not going to be expanding the hours unfortunately. BTW, any people in Frederick area shoot at 340 Defense?

rafael

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2013
    Dept. of Defense employees (military and civilians) should check out the Quantico shooting club. Doesn't get much cheaper unless you can shoot somewhere for free. I am a member; PM me if you have questions, and I will do the best to answer them.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I don't know. It's been packed the times I've gone. I'm part of the problem they have in a way since I could volunteer (I have the time) but I'm not sure I could keep my temper with some of the crap I see. The ROs are good and stop nonsense fast but the things some people do I just want to slap them. Until they can get more people to volunteer to work more hours or other days, they're not going to be expanding the hours unfortunately. BTW, any people in Frederick area shoot at 340 Defense?

It's packed because it's one of the only public ranges in the area and is also quite affordable.

Sounds like a chicken/egg problem.

jimtheshnoz

New Guy
    Dec 28, 2009
    Rockville
    If you're willing to join, the Rockville Izaak Walton League has a pretty good outdoor range. No ammo restrictions, usually not too busy, nice well trained folks. 100 bucks a year isn't bad either for unlimited range time.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    If you're willing to join, the Rockville Izaak Walton League has a pretty good outdoor range. No ammo restrictions, usually not too busy, nice well trained folks. 100 bucks a year isn't bad either for unlimited range time.

I've been considering it, but I haven't seen their grounds. Damascus IWLA is nice, but too far and currently doesn't have enrollment. Don't personally know any Rockville IWLA members either.

BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!

Since I'm about a mile away from there (if that) I've been thinking about joining. Had a member offer to take me around this weekend but my schedule is already full with kids commitments. I'm hoping to get a look around next weekend and maybe start the joining the process in the November time frame.

jimtheshnoz

New Guy
    Dec 28, 2009
    Rockville
    I've been considering it, but I haven't seen their grounds. Damascus IWLA is nice, but too far and currently doesn't have enrollment. Don't personally know any Rockville IWLA members either.

I'm a member and I think the grounds are pretty nice, if smallish. There are 8 covered outdoor pistol stations out to 50 yds, and three covered rifle positions out to 120 yds. There is a 3d archery range and a trap range, although that is currently closed. Ranges are open to all members on the weekends, and range officer-trained members 7 days a week.

There are much larger ranges around, but it is darn convenient to where I live and I have never had to wait for a position.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I'm a member and I think the grounds are pretty nice, if smallish. There are 8 covered outdoor pistol stations out to 50 yds, and three covered rifle positions out to 120 yds. There is a 3d archery range and a trap range, although that is currently closed. Ranges are open to all members on the weekends, and range officer-trained members 7 days a week.

There are much larger ranges around, but it is darn convenient to where I live and I have never had to wait for a position.

Rifle range seems small, but I'd love to get out there as it's probably the most convenient outdoor range in the area. Let's talk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom