• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I am getting a new Ruger LC carbine this week and am looking to put an optic on it. I have been leaning towards several dots that include Trijicon, Romeo5, Holoson, and Primary Arms SLX or MD25. If you own an LC with an optic I would love to know why you choose it and how much you like it. Any help I can get would be appreciated. I always have a hard time picking out optics.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I am getting a new Ruger LC carbine this week and am looking to put an optic on it. I have been leaning towards several dots that include Trijicon, Romeo5, Holoson, and Primary Arms SLX or MD25. If you own an LC with an optic I would love to know why you choose it and how much you like it. Any help I can get would be appreciated. I always have a hard time picking out optics.

I own and shoot every make you list there and now that I am shooting two JP5 pccs (Steel Challenge and Multi-Purpose) I have tried em all and have settled on a Holosun 510C with a Holosun side flip 3x magnifier. This matched set is available in a combo and I just had my second set delivered today, from ScopeList (practically overnight shipping For Free!) so, I don’t know why they aren’t on this list:

There is a lower priced alternative and that is the Holosun 403 paired with the side flip 3x magnifier: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/810047071624?suggestion-term=Holosun 3

^This^ ^that^ is what I am actually getting ready to order right now, for our Sig MPX …

FWIW, my nephew shoots 3-gun and USPSA pcc with a Ruger LC Carbine and he LOVES his C-more.

Attachments

• IMG_4876.jpeg
      IMG_4876.jpeg
      13.1 KB · Views: 42
    • IMG_4877.jpeg
      IMG_4877.jpeg
      9.8 KB · Views: 44
    Last edited:

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I own and shoot every make you list there and now that I am shooting two JP5 pccs (Steel Challenge and Multi-Purpose) I have tried em all and have settled on a Holosun 510C with a Holosun side flip 3x magnifier. This matched set is available in a combo and I just had my second set delivered today, from ScopeList (practically overnight shipping For Free!) so, I don’t know why they aren’t on this list:

There is a lower priced alternative and that is the Holosun 403 paired with the side flip 3x magnifier: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/810047071624?suggestion-term=Holosun 3

^This^ ^that^ is what I am actually getting ready to order right now, for our Sig MPX …

FWIW, my nephew shoots 3-gun and USPSA pcc with a Ruger LC Carbine and he LOVES his C-more.
    The 2 model Holosuns you mentioned were the 2 I was considering from Holosun. I don't think I will need a magnifier since I really don't plan to go out much past 100yds.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    … I don't think I will need a magnifier since I really don't plan to go out much past 100yds.

Perhaps not; however; a lot of the target shooting I do involves “small varmints” (think head shots on cardboard targets from unsupported standing or crouched position(s) - that’s 2” x 4” and/or 6” x 6” targets at any distances up to and well inside 100 yards …)

(The last match we just shot Saturday was a fundraiser “zombie” match - 6 stages and HUNDREDS of targets - ALL HEAD SHOTS!!!!!!!!!)

I didn’t think I would ever need a magnifier on a pcc either but, now I (and my Ruger LC nephew) are going back and putting them on over half a dozen 16” pcc’s …

I wouldn’t sweat it tho - You can always pick one up later, cross that bridge when and if you get to it …

Attachments

• IMG_4878.jpeg
      IMG_4878.jpeg
      24.7 KB · Views: 29
    • IMG_4881.jpeg
      IMG_4881.jpeg
      31.2 KB · Views: 32
    • IMG_4880.jpeg
      IMG_4880.jpeg
      23.3 KB · Views: 28
    • IMG_4879.jpeg
      IMG_4879.jpeg
      18.3 KB · Views: 26
    Last edited:

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Perhaps not; however; a lot of the target shooting I do involves “small varmints” (think head shots on cardboard targets from unsupported standing or crouched position(s) - that’s 2” x 4” and/or 6” x 6” targets at any distances up to and well inside 100 yards …)

(The last match we just shot Saturday was a fundraiser “zombie” match - 6 stages and HUNDREDS of targets - ALL HEAD SHOTS!!!!!!!!!)

I didn’t think I would ever need a magnifier on a pcc either but, now I (and my Ruger LC nephew) are going back and putting them on over half a dozen 16” pcc’s …

I wouldn’t sweat it tho - You can always pick one up later, cross that bridge when and if you get to it …
    I picked up my LC today and while I was there I put my hands on the Holosun 510c. I really liked it. Not sure why I didn't think to just put it on the gun but I didn't and now wish I did. Does it sit at the right height on the carbine? I am used to having my optics on the high side. What would be considered a good price for the 510c? I am thinking someone will have it priced right for Black Friday. I also feel like I want the green over the red but I have both in other optics.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Ha! I literally, seconds ago, ordered the 510C w green reticle (# HE510C-GR) from Europtic - they pay the tax and shipping is 1-day (I order a LOT from them as well as ScopeList)

I really, REALLY favor the 510’s as simp,y holding the “-“ button down gives you the choice between dot inside the circle, plain circle or plain dot.

HE510C-GR:​

Both: https://www.eurooptic.com/search.aspx?keyword=HE510C-GR

Red (but FDE exterior):

HS510C-FDE:​

When shopping I simply find the UPC (some websites are better and quicker for finding UPC prominently displayed, MidWayUSA and Optics Planet are two)

THEN i paste that upc Into the search box at search engines such as gun.deals.com or Wikiarms.com. Then a window pops up showing what vendors across USA have it AND what they charge (or don‘t) for shipping etc.

Looks like the prices are flat the same across the board and that’s when I start looking for places with lower shipping and even better that also don’t charge tax (I.e., RifleGear.com, Family Firearms, Dahlonega, etc., etc.)

As is so often the case, Europtics (and ScopeList) are charging the same $339 price for the HE510C-GR as everyone else BUT! NO SHIPPING *and* NO TAX!!!!!!

No Brainer!

PS - reference my initial reply, I am not putting a magnifier on my JP5 Multi Purpose model as the rail is not long enough ….. this HE510C-GR is what’s going on that lil lightning bolt and it will be my dedicated Steel Challenge centerfire pcc!

Attachments

• IMG_4882.png
      IMG_4882.png
      129 KB · Views: 34
    • IMG_4884.jpeg
      IMG_4884.jpeg
      170.5 KB · Views: 25
    • IMG_4883.jpeg
      IMG_4883.jpeg
      100.3 KB · Views: 28

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012

Holosun HS510C $221.92​

Don’t blink on this one!

Well d*mn, either they’re limiting purchases to one (1) or I got the last one.

(Oi vey, I just bought 3 or 4 of these and paid well north of $300 each … some might’ve been green but still, $221 ain’t nuthin to sneeze at!

Last edited:

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    My plan was to get the Holosun 510C on Black Friday. Local shop has one for 10% off plus I have another 15% off which makes it a sweet deal. Here is my issue. I think having the 510C on the LC is going to be on the low side. I think I am going to need a riser so that adds to the cost. Yesterday I put one of my Sig Romeo 5's from another gun on the LC just to see how I liked it and I have to say it was pretty nice too. No riser needed. I can get another Romeo 5 for $125. Tough choice! Thoughts?

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Primary Arms SLX 1x Acss 9mm Gemini gen II, in green

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Even though PA says OOS, Amazon has plenty of options(mounting heights) in stock at the same exact price with free delivery.

I really want one. I might have to play Santa Clause to me...

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Even though PA says OOS, Amazon has plenty of options(mounting heights) in stock at the same exact price with free delivery.

I really want one. I might have to play Santa Clause to me...
    Have you ever used a knockoff Scalarworks 1.93” optics mount? Reviews say there’s no difference between the knockoff and the real one. $29 vs. $149
    ZTFSETD 1.54" 1.93" Height QD Scope Mount for T2 Micro Red Dot Sight QD Picatinny Riser Mount https://a.co/d/0ADmno8

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Out of stock

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    Red one is still in stock

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have you ever used a knockoff Scalarworks 1.93” optics mount? Reviews say there’s no difference between the knockoff and the real one. $29 vs. $149
    ZTFSETD 1.54" 1.93" Height QD Scope Mount for T2 Micro Red Dot Sight QD Picatinny Riser Mount https://a.co/d/0ADmno8
    I've gotten used to the Unity Fast Micros(2.5).

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I see they have them on Amazon but only in Red. I would prefer the green. Might just go with Red.
    I don't think that reticle comes in green.

They are etched sights, so they should be fine in either color for astigmatism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom