• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The HST in .38spl puts me very much in mind of the design of the Original HydraShock ( pre being bought by Federal , and subsequently being redesigned ) . Excellent performance for a standard Velocity .38spl . ( I said Velocity , not Pressure . For the same velocity/ energy levels , the long jacketed bearing surface would have higher pressures than Tom Bryzinski's original design in swaged lead . Would seem to be a load worthy of being considered for small & light snubs that are plus P rated .

That said , just because somthing is old tech doesn't mean that it doesn't work, and work quite well . 1st gen jhps didn't extrapolate downwards well to .38spl , but at magnum velocities , the 125gr jhp remains outstanding , and the yardstick that every other load and caliber aspires .

It is a legitimate approach to balance the blast and recoil for a particular gun and shooter combination for worthwhile tradeoffs . But it is still a tradeoff.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This stuff was pushing 1350 fps over my F1 Crony from a 3" SP101, a very snappy round.

I love the 3" SP101. A compact gun that can handle a powerful load. Some folks don't like the DA trigger pull, but after a bit of practice, it is easy to stage to shoot accurately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom