• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    I would suggest the Ruger SP-101 .357 with a 2 1/4" barrel. By far, it is one of the best CCW one can get. It's rugged, reliable, conceals well and handles hot loads. If .357 is a bit "heavy", it'll chamber .38 SP.

i second that

SP101 is a nice peice and i love moms. and like poster said, if .357 is a bit heavy, you can always stick .38's in there.

i reccomend the SP101 with CTC lazer grips if you decide on this.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just picked up my Ruger LCP today. I think it is a fantastic little gun. Very concealable, and packs a decent punch. It fits my hand fairly well, and I'm 6'1" 250 lbs of solid muscle:rolleyes: I have chosen that as my summer and formal wear carry gun. It fits my wife very well, she likes it. The NAA .380 is very heavy. I think people are a little hard on the .380. It has decent stopping power. Don't think in terms of one-shot-stops. Practice double-tapping. Sometimes my G23 isn't always convenient to carry. I don't mind having a .380 in my pocket. I recommend the Ruger....

Blalock

Apr 1, 2009
    Kingsville, MD
    I think its always a good idea to get a list of what you need then what you would like and go try out some different guns. I didnt have that option with my wife because she was never really a "gun person". She told me to buy her a gun because due to her never living alone and me working nightwork a few times a week she needed one. I bought her a G26. (after she refused to take part in the choice) She liked it but told me that her pinkie slid off the bottom which I fixed with and extended grip. I then bought myself a G-19. She now says that the G19 is hers. she said it fits better in her hand. Its almost as easy to hide and it doesnt bite as much. Also she says that it is easier to operate the slide and chamber a round? I've tried on both of these guns and cant see a difference. She says G19 all the way for a woman.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I don't agree with her needing the second strike capability. If one of my rounds jam, i'm going to going to do a tap-rack-bang...so should she. Second strike is a waste of valuable time IMO. But thats just my opinion.

If shes dead-set on having second strike capability...Walther PPK in 380 will do the job. There are a few other guns the same size that are lighter and chambered in higher calibers, but most don't allow second strike. If she's comfortable carrying the walther, walther is a good choice.

Regarding this .380 crap....the end all be all is this: Carry your weapon. Guess what people? A .25 is better than NOTHING! The point is to find a gun that she will CARRY. If she finds a small 9mm or small .40 and leaves it at home 80% of the time because it isn't comfortable, better for her to then keep a beretta .25 in her pocket or something.

I suggest finding a minimum of .380 in a small lightweight frame. PPK isnt exactly light but its not terrible. Take her to a gunshop or range and have her hold/shoot the firearms you are considering.

As for method of carry, she should forget about ankle and shoulder carry obviously. Purse carry is fine, they have purses made to conceal a pistol. Also IWB is good, but for a lady, depending on her dress/occasion, a bellyband is a GREAT option. Check them out.

Bottom line: Try to find her a lightweight thin pistol in at least a .380. Take her to hold/shoot some, see what SHE likes best, and let her run with it. I stress this again...if she finds some .25 or .32 that she falls in love with and doesn't want to carry anything else, get her that .25 or .32. They are better than being unarmed.

Good luck.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Whatever you decide, make sure it has lazergrips! The gun that She does NOT have to shoot may of greater utility than the one that has BANG as it's only option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom