• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    A1 has an awesome selection, much more than is in the showroom.

Someday Ill grow up and go Class III.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Duffys is the closest to you and everyone is happy with them. I've bought from 2A and Engage in the past. Both excellent. For suppressors I found the best prices at Engage in my case. Really depends on what you are looking for as each will have different items in stock.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    I've done suppressors and SBRs with FreeState and they're top notch for Class III. Mark (VP) handles them personally (no small task). The kicker: You can shoot your NFA purchase while you wait! Can anyone else claim that?

I'd drive across this miserable state for the ability to "shoot while waiting" for the form 4.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I've only used South Carroll Sporting Goods, they are good to go

Have not bought anything Class III yet, but Brian at South Carroll Sporting Goods would be my go to guy. He has treated me and everybody I send his way right. Could not be any happier with him. Was about to have him order me two stripped lowers for a couple SBR's, and then read the crapola thread in the NFA section regarding Form 1 disapprovals/denials.

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    I've done suppressors and SBRs with FreeState and they're top notch for Class III. Mark (VP) handles them personally (no small task). The kicker: You can shoot your NFA purchase while you wait! Can anyone else claim that?

I'd drive across this miserable state for the ability to "shoot while waiting" for the form 4.

Unless they changed their policy it will cost you an extra $100 to shoot while you wait.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A1 Uniform and Engage did me right every time! Great prices, great instructions during the process, provided status updates... and great people to top it off. I could not ask for more...
    I've dealt very successfully with Engage for most of my transfers, but had a good experience with A1, too.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Unless they changed their policy it will cost you an extra $100 to shoot while you wait.

Man, that sucks... I would not be happy about that at all. I can understand you don't want people bothering you all the time. However $25 really should cover the effort... That would surely have me looking elsewhere as I am sure as hell not paying a $100 for someone to walk back and get my gun that I am paying them to transfer. I could see a small fee for them getting your gun as they are range to make money but $100 is crazy. Talk about giving the customer the shaft. I sure hope that $100 is because they take it back and give it a complete cleaning for you each time.

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Man, that sucks... I would not be happy about that at all. I can understand you don't want people bothering you all the time. However $25 really should cover the effort... That would surely have me looking elsewhere as I am sure as hell not paying a $100 for someone to walk back and get my gun that I am paying them to transfer. I could see a small fee for them getting your gun as they are range to make money but $100 is crazy. Talk about giving the customer the shaft. I sure hope that $100 is because they take it back and give it a complete cleaning for you each time.

An IP slamming another. Stay Klassy.

So build a gun shop/range and charge us $25.00. Maybe we'll visit.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    An IP slamming another. Stay Klassy.

So build a gun shop/range and charge us $25.00. Maybe we'll visit.

FYI, that is not true. He's just a very involved gun owner and shooter, not a firearms dealer. The IP status is for items relative to AGC. He buys and does his transfers through local SOT's just like the rest of us.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    True. $100.00 storage/retrieval from the safe fee.

...There's a storage portion for every Class III purcahse due to ATF form processing time. You're telling me an IP here charges an extra $100 for the privilege of your business, but lets you shoot it? :rolleyes: Or is just a $100 fee if you want to shoot your can before the form is back?

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    ...There's a storage portion for every Class III purcahse due to ATF form processing time. You're telling me an IP here charges an extra $100 for the privilege of your business, but lets you shoot it? :rolleyes: Or is just a $100 fee if you want to shoot your can before the form is back?

You buy a can from them or you have them handle the transfer. In addition to transfer fees you can opt to be able to shoot the can at their range. If you want to shoot it there is an additional charge of $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom