• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have been looking in to getting a ruger 10/22 and a bullpup stock. But no one can seem to agree in reviews which one to get. Does anyone on here have any input into what might be a good aftermarket bullpup stock for a ruger 10/22? I heard the the red jacket one isn't all that it was expected to be.

carpecervisi

Feb 10, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    I have the RJF ZK (three actually) and I think it's very nice but don't think I'm too biased.

Too much drama to finally get it and there's quite a bit of adjustment you need to do to get it dialed in...but totally worth it.

I haven't seen the HTA (are they shipping yet?) but it seems a bit larger.

It's nice to have a few options.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I wonder if the ZK or the HTA is better? I think I like the look of the HTA better and they are in stock and will ship with in 24 hours... but upon further investigation i might be wrong

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have 2 zk22 stocks. I'm not a red jacket fan but these are pretty nice. They just need a bit more Finnishing to make them sweet.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    FYI if you do order a zk22 expect a long wait !! You would be better off getting 1 off of e bay or GB.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    make one yourself out of P90 Airsoft Gun. $38 I think from Airsplat.com... I made one before but I leaned towards AR style stock now...

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I bought a HTA. It will be delivered Monday. I bought a ruger 10/22 with an 18.5 .920 bull barrell. So i will be having fun soon :)

So I got my HTA stock. It looks really good. But I haven't had a chance to fire it as of yet. It is a little bit of a pain to assemble and disassemble. But I am guessing that is par for the course.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The zk22 has a left deflector. But it makes it nearly impossible to get to the charging handle on the bolt .and the 1 on the kit is weak :-(

sdf024

Bozo
    Mar 3, 2013
    So I got my HTA stock. It looks really good. But I haven't had a chance to fire it as of yet. It is a little bit of a pain to assemble and disassemble. But I am guessing that is par for the course.

Have you installed your stock? I'm curious to know how it's working out for you. Any pics?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I have the HTA Bullpup and it was very easy to install. You just need to follow the directions in the manual and everything goes together very well. The only time consuming part of disassembly is removing the bolts around the gun which is very simple.
    I have read on other forums from those that have both kits agree that the HTA is sturdier and overall better. Red jacket has problems in both their customer service and having to tweak the fitment not to mention some rubbing issues.

I don't have a dog in this but I can tell you that I'm fully satisfied with the HTA.

KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have the HTA Bullpup and it was very easy to install. You just need to follow the directions in the manual and everything goes together very well. The only time consuming part of disassembly is removing the bolts around the gun which is very simple.
    I have read on other forums from those that have both kits agree that the HTA is sturdier and overall better. Red jacket has problems in both their customer service and having to tweak the fitment not to mention some rubbing issues.

I don't have a dog in this but I can tell you that I'm fully satisfied with the HTA.

I purchased an HTA 90/22. I definitely like the way it looks and feels. I haven't been able to shoot it yet. But I am looking forward to shooting it.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I purchased an HTA 90/22. I definitely like the way it looks and feels. I haven't been able to shoot it yet. But I am looking forward to shooting it.

A good friend of mine who got me into firearms four years ago advised me against this kit and suggested that I turn my 10/22 into a target rifle. I went against him and purchased it anyway and let him shoot it last week.

Over lunch he confessed to me that he was trying hard to find something wrong with it but could not get over how well made the 90/22 was and how much fun it was to shoot.

I think you are going to love shooting yours. My trigger group has been sent out for a trigger job so I'm anxiously waiting to shoot mine again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom