• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • empire550

Spoons made me fat
    Nov 1, 2011
    A ruger 10 22 with an archangel package is generally everyones favorite for a tactical .22... Ive got one and so do my friends theyre awesome!

1022_evil.jpg

Ruger 10/22 with Troy Stock. Takes AR furniture.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have a Rem 597 that now has their VTR tactical model stock on it.Similar to this as it can use any AR stock, grip, or handguard. More accurate than an S&W AR15-22 but not as fast shooting even though my 597 has a 1.5# Jard trigger in it. I have also been in many Ruger Rimfire events including the last 2 world championships and have seen plenty of 10/22 have feeding issues. Although not the big name shooters like John Allchin or Tim Norris. Their 10/22's looks like they have no original Ruger parts in them. I out shot both in the Wounded Warrior side match in the 2012 event using a cheap DPMS AR upper, polymer NFA lower, and a CMMG .22 conversion kit, using a $60 TruGlo reflex sight.

Jubbs26

Mar 14, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Got my change to hold a Mossy 715t today. Felt cheap. No thanks. I'm going for the 15/22. I wonder if I can find one locally before heading to gunbroker. Any ideas anyone?

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    No love for the Sig 522?

the reviews look good yet no one here really talks about them.

anyone?

bartojb1

Dec 25, 2009
    PA
    Granted, the Sig 522 is nice, however, I must give a +1 for the 15-22. I purchased a black moe15-22 last year and have been enjoying it ever since. I have been feeding it a nice diet of minimags, and have yet to have any fte's or ftf's.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    I just picked up a 15-22 but was thinking of picking up a Sig as something different.

Now, I just have to find one.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Agreed. I took mine out for the first time yesterday and put about 400 rounds through it. FANTASTIC rifle!

wait till you get a few thousand rounds down it and its nicely broken in.. shoots even better...
    when time and cash allows, gets a spikes Nickel Boron trigger and JP yellow springs (regualr AR parts) world of difference

monstarr

Feb 9, 2012
    Baltimore
    I have mixed feelings. I love my tacted out 10/22 and also own the mossberg tactical.22 but I must say my S&W 15/22 is my favorite. The 25 round factory mags are sweet and it eats any ammo you give her. To be honest I haven't had any problems out of the mossberg although it feels cheap and I only have 10 rounders for it. Mine shoots well though considering what it is. It was an impulse buy and I wouldn't buy another one but it's lightweight and gives my girlfriend something to shoot and keep her paws off of my 15/22.

branj70

New dude
    Jan 3, 2012
    I have the 715T, no issues yet (600rds through it) and yes it does feel cheap but for the money and it's purpose, it's fine. If you have the funds, definitely get the 15/22 as that was my first choice.

bjmsam

The Skeptic
    I have seen the Mossberg 715T hold the bolt open every shot and on 2 occausions you could not clear the weapon of a live round in the chamber. It must be fired to clear it.
    That happens when the charging handle is improperly installed in the slide/chamber. Disassemble and reassemble properly.

I remain very pleased with my 715T flat top, which under the covers is the venerable 702. I have encountered only two FTF/FTE, both rounds obviously defective and easy to clear. The M&P 15-22, SIG 522 and H&K 416D are good options at higher price points, I just couldn't justify the additional expense for a .22 rifle ($3xx was for me the point of diminishing return). Of course the decision is moot without ammo! :mad54:

SnuffyJD

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    If anyone is looking for an AR style .22 On Target currently has 14 on the shelf. Mossberg 715T(9), Colt M4(4) and Umarex H&K 416(1).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom