• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I know there has probably been a thread on this already, but I've searched for nearly 20 min to no avail. I've been shooting Federal Bulk ammo through this rifle and it's quite reliable, but I've heard CCI mini-mag is probably better. Also, Ive seen CCI Tactical AR 22LR ammo as well... is this any better? I've also seen Federal "Match ammo " in a bulk pack (325 rnds) and they tout that it's made for semi-autos. Is this semi auto pistols or rifles and would it be any better that the others in my sons S&W MP15-22.

Thanks in advance!

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Federal bulk unsurpressed and cci standard velocity suppressed for me. I have not found a need to switch at the moment. 15-22 has been very reliable.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    My ST-22 loves the CCI 22-Tactical, I buy it by the case.
    It also likes the Fed bulk pack, which is a little less accurate.

In any case, stick to plated/jacketd ammo in your .22 AR's for best performance.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    Mine will eat anything I put through it. I have found that running the federal bulk from Walmart is a little more accurate than the Winchester bulk and the cci is about the same as the federal

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No 2 guns will shoot alike. Buy a box of all of the cheapest brands and see what you un runs the most reliable on, and it most accurate for the price.

You can have 2 guns made one after another. One may only like std velocity mathc, where the other may shoot bulk amo just as good.

Theres no chart to follow. Buy what you can and test it yourself.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    clandestine said:
    No 2 guns will shoot alike. Buy a box of all of the cheapest brands and see what you un runs the most reliable on, and it most accurate for the price.

You can have 2 guns made one after another. One may only like std velocity mathc, where the other may shoot bulk amo just as good.

Theres no chart to follow. Buy what you can and test it yourself.

I find this very true.

My m&p 15-22 didn't like cci tactical but loves mini mags and standard velocity(might like tactical more now I only shot them when I first got it)

Gf's mosquito hates bulk, and standard velocity even suppressed but likes mini mags.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    go with fed bulk and cci blazer. mini mags and standard if you want to spend more $. mine wouldn't cycle cci tac reliably at all, it hated it.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks for your thoughtful responses. had one of those 'duh moments after reading Clandestines response. I typically do just that with rimfire bolt guns... I found my first Anschutz shot Eley Practice just as well as it shot Match Black (at about twice the price). I'll do the same with the semi auto... I think I was hoping to take advantage of the sale for CCI mini-mag.. Thanks all...

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    My S&W M&P 15-22 eats everything! Suppressed: I like the Remington Sub Sonic and without the can, I like CCI Tactical or Winchester Tactical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom