• ...and so much more!
  • Who do you support?

• Total voters

Katsoup

Avtomat Kalashnikova
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2023
    Maryland
    Newer to the world of Firearms and want to become a member/support a 2A organization. I wanna know who do y'all support and why? Sorry if this topic has already been hit!

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    A firearm owner living in Maryland who does not support Maryland Shall Issue is either uneducated on the matter, or is not actually a friend of the 2A.

NRA is dead to me.

All others in the poll are worth a few bucks.

Last edited:

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I give to all of them. They all have roles to serve; each seems to take a bite out of the gun controllers in a different way. Some on purpose through legislative efforts and lawsuit printers that go “brrrrt” and some by continuing to exist as a lumbering, half-dead beast that doesn’t know its time has come and gone.

I probably spend about $50 a month between them all. If I want my kids to enjoy the freedoms I have, best to support those who fight for them. That being said, some groups are better than others. My ranking from best to worst:

1. MSI
    2. SAF
    3. FPC
    4. GOA
    5. NRA

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    MSI in terms % of $ that is actually applied to the "cause" is top notch.
    The only fat in MSI is actually on the bellies of the countless volunteers who help out.
    One should support more than one organization IMO, and MSI should ALWAYS be one of them.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    MSI = firearm rights in MD, they have done more, and for longer in MD than any other, would be the first to support for anyone in or around MD.

SAF/FPC = federal lawsuit factories, most recent SCOTUS and circuit wins were from these 2. Federally they are the current best IMO.

GOA = somewhat decent in recent years, a bit of a cringy troubled past. They used to be considered the crack smoking chimp to the NRA's 800# gorilla. They are kinda outdated a little, and don't start lawsuits, but usually sign on at some point to support them after the SAF or FPC did most of the work.

NRA = leadership found to be corrupt, then that leadership not only stayed in power, it purged most anyone that was effective. Locals are good, they are only game in town for many instructor credentials, insurance, sanctioning competition. The leadership is toxic, now more than ever the only thing good about the organization are the rank and file members.

Then there is the 2A's most critical supporter, you. The more gun stuff you buy, the more you are involved in the community, the more you compete or coach youth shooting, the better. In many cases the best way to spend $20 for our right is on 1/2 a tank of gas to get to Annapolis or DC, and tell these F-ers what you think of their moronic bills. Flood them with contacts when they do stupid stuff, oppose ATF rules, click on the form letter generators, and call reps.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    MSI = firearm rights in MD, they have done more, and for longer in MD than any other, would be the first to support for anyone in or around MD.

SAF/FPC = federal lawsuit factories, most recent SCOTUS and circuit wins were from these 2. Federally they are the current best IMO.

GOA = somewhat decent in recent years, a bit of a cringy troubled past. They used to be considered the crack smoking chimp to the NRA's 800# gorilla. They are kinda outdated a little, and don't start lawsuits, but usually sign on at some point to support them after the SAF or FPC did most of the work.

NRA = leadership found to be corrupt, then that leadership not only stayed in power, it purged most anyone that was effective. Locals are good, they are only game in town for many instructor credentials, insurance, sanctioning competition. The leadership is toxic, now more than ever the only thing good about the organization are the rank and file members.

Then there is the 2A's most critical supporter, you. The more gun stuff you buy, the more you are involved in the community, the more you compete or coach youth shooting, the better. In many cases the best way to spend $20 for our right is on 1/2 a tank of gas to get to Annapolis or DC, and tell these F-ers what you think of their moronic bills. Flood them with contacts when they do stupid stuff, oppose ATF rules, click on the form letter generators, and call reps.

:clap::party29:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Screenshot_20230813_222147_X.jpg

FPC is based AF. they make it easy to toss them money.

FeelTheNoise

WTF
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 11, 2015
    Cecil County
    I have given to all of them (with the exception of the NRA) at some point or another. But MSI and FPC are the two I maintain a membership with and give to yearly at a minimum. I'd say MSI is a must for any 2A supporting MD resident, FPC initiate/support a number of lawsuits federally and across numerous states. I do find the FPC's emails a bit tacky and annoying, but I can get over that with the all the helpful legal work they do. As @smokey demonstrated above they're also active on a number of social media sites where they don't pull any punches.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You need to support at least one State level Org , and at least one National level Org .

MSI is the Premier 2A Org in Maryland .

As a newer org , FPC is quickly catching up with what SAF has been doing for decades .

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    For practical purposes, MSI really only has Marylanders to support it, whereas the others draw from a nationwide resource base. Mark and MSI get the lion's share of my $$. The NRA got its last JohnnyE support when my pop gifted me a life membership in 1985.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom