• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yikes, that was a long orientation!

Anyways, it's a pretty nice range, so I think I'll join up on Wednesday. VOTE FOR ME!!!

You need two meetings to be voted it. Also they are/were above their membership ceiling. They say they are going to induct members anyway in anticipation of people not renewing. Doesn't seem like a ceiling in that case.

Also, gonna need to get a target stand built, or bought, or something... curse my lack of woodcrafting skills!

Ask for Ron Berg at the meeting, he sells them. It's really dirt simple to make one though or you can buy one at AGC, they fit the supports allow they are more narrow than BRGC rules allow.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You need two meetings to be voted it. Also they are/were above their membership ceiling. They say they are going to induct members anyway in anticipation of people not renewing. Doesn't seem like a ceiling in that case.
    Really? Jim said range check + show up at the meeting was enough. Guess we'll see. He did say that while they were expecting to go over the limit on Feb 1, the wait list would begin immediately after that meeting.

Ask for Ron Berg at the meeting, he sells them. It's really dirt simple to make one though or you can buy one at AGC, they fit the supports allow they are more narrow than BRGC rules allow.
    Never been to AGC, but I'll talk to Ron about it. They don't look tremendously difficult to make, I'm just not blessed with the right tools to do it. If I ever get that shed/workshop in back, I'm planning on rectifying that problem...

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Really? Jim said range check + show up at the meeting was enough. Guess we'll see.

Well it won't be the first time I was told something er, erroneous by Berwyn.

Never been to AGC, but I'll talk to Ron about it. They don't look tremendously difficult to make, I'm just not blessed with the right tools to do it. If I ever get that shed/workshop in back, I'm planning on rectifying that problem...

Furring strips, 4" pine board (or double triple up on the furring strips) some glue, 1 1/2 - 2" deck screws, saw, screwdriver (electric helps, drill/driver even better), cardboard, knife (box knife is best).

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Yikes, that was a long orientation!

Anyways, it's a pretty nice range, so I think I'll join up on Wednesday. VOTE FOR ME!!!

Also, gonna need to get a target stand built, or bought, or something... curse my lack of woodcrafting skills!

With the measurements provided, they are easy to build. If you attend meeting and or get news letter there are a few folks who do make them for sale.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Really? Jim said range check + show up at the meeting was enough. Guess we'll see. He did say that while they were expecting to go over the limit on Feb 1, the wait list would begin immediately after that meeting.

Joined last year and that's all I did. Range check seemed bigger than attending meeting but both required.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    It might come to that, but I was hoping to avoid just showing up unannounced as a non-member.

COME ON BY! I'll be there paying my dues. If you show up it will cut a month off of getting you membership. Friendly place, you will feel welcome.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    There's an awful lot of Berwyn folks here that I don't know...at least by their handles. Drop by and say hello Wednesday evening, I'd love to put a name with a face. I'm their Hunter Safety guy and will be introducing MSI's president to the crowd.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Really? Jim said range check + show up at the meeting was enough.

That's all that was required when I was voted in at the Nov. meeting.

Ron charges $44 for the folding target stands. You need a folding one to get it in the trunk of a car. I'm extremely unsympatico with wood. It was worth the money to buy one from him. He does good work and is a nice guy who you'll want to know into the bargain.

As for the range check, also bring warm clothing! The clubhouse is not well heated. After sitting there for a few hours, I was quite chilled. Of course, I think it's warmer now than it was last October! The range check amounts to a Powerpoint presentation. Essentially, there's one slide for each page of the range rules (with a few slides that are not part of the range rules).

Anyhow, all the folks I've met at BRGC are great! The ranges are nice and well maintained. I think you'll enjoy being a member.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yep, I managed to get in contact with Ron at the meeting, and he's making me a folder. He seemed almost embarrassed that I tried to pay him up front. I'm consistently impressed with how nice the membership is (which I'm now part of, which I suppose makes me biased).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

You don't need to be at two meetings, but it takes two meetings to become a member.

Meeting #1, you are read into the the pending pool, you can either be there or not.

Meeting #2, you have to be present to be voted in.

erwos, you weren't the guy that got voted in by himself towards the end of the meeting were you?

"Now turn to the right" (hint as to who i am at the meetings)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Haha, no, I was the dude with the skull cap. I was there very much on time.

Picked up my target from Ron on Sunday. Shockingly nice work for the amount I paid, and he was genuinely interested in making sure I used it right (and didn't shoot up the baffles and supports). Got a bit of range time in, even - I was initially worried about the cold, but I guess I warmed up with the guns. SO NICE to basically have the place to yourself, albeit a bit unnerving... I asked one gent to stick around an extra few minutes so that I could ensure my SKS wouldn't blow up on firing. (It didn't.)

milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    Well it won't be the first time I was told something er, erroneous by Berwyn.

Furring strips, 4" pine board (or double triple up on the furring strips) some glue, 1 1/2 - 2" deck screws, saw, screwdriver (electric helps, drill/driver even better), cardboard, knife (box knife is best).

Regarding the above, the range rules sheets include some pretty good directions on how to build target stands. That being said, don't be a dummy like me, make sure you build them a little long if you're tall. I'm 6' but the stands are designed for folks who're a little shorter, and I wound up shooting a little low on the pistol range (and getting a well deserved chewing out by a senior member).

K31

MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Regarding the above, the range rules sheets include some pretty good directions on how to build target stands. That being said, don't be a dummy like me, make sure you build them a little long if you're tall. I'm 6' but the stands are designed for folks who're a little shorter, and I wound up shooting a little low on the pistol range (and getting a well deserved chewing out by a senior member).

There are also pretty good directions (and posted there) on where the center of your target should be at what range and position you are shooting from and even tape measures to help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom