• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I was in Dick's the other day and there was a Urika 2 for $899...it was a "silver" edition or something with a synthetic stock and was marked as a Dick's exclusive. Who knows what corners they cut to get it at that price. The sporting clays version of the Urika 2 is going to be closer to $1100-1200 new (usually more in MD).

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    I was in Dick's the other day and there was a Urika 2 for $899...it was a "silver" edition or something with a synthetic stock and was marked as a Dick's exclusive. Who knows what corners they cut to get it at that price. The sporting clays version of the Urika 2 is going to be closer to $1100-1200 new (usually more in MD).

At Washingtonian Center they had $50 discounts , donno if it still holds true.

I think you can order a sporting clays version from their catalog. I 'll proly get a better stock, the syn looks rly cheap.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    For the A400, the Xplor is the field version, the Xcel is the competition model. People are saying the 391 will be phased out and the A400 will be their new base semi-auto model.

I bought the Beretta 12 Gauge A400 Xplor Unico a couple of months ago. I am very pleased with it.:)

beretta12.jpg

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown

Hi Jared,

The synthetic stocked gun is more suited for hunting than for clays. It's a bit lighter and the stock won't get beat up when used for the often harsh conditions while hunting ducks and geese. That stock is also a bit lower in the comb and shorter, making it easier to use when you're all bundled up in a goose blind. That's what I use for waterfowl. It would be a much different feel than that 391 sporter of mine that you shot. The sporter has a bit of a higher comb and the LOP is longer. It will also shoot a tad higher than the field gun and that's a good thing when shooting targets. The wood stock makes it heavier and that's better when shooting a bunch of targets.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Hi Jared,

The synthetic stocked gun is more suited for hunting than for clays. It's a bit lighter and the stock won't get beat up when used for the often harsh conditions while hunting ducks and geese. That stock is also a bit lower in the comb and shorter, making it easier to use when you're all bundled up in a goose blind. That's what I use for waterfowl. It would be a much different feel than that 391 sporter of mine that you shot. The sporter has a bit of a higher comb and the LOP is longer. It will also shoot a tad higher than the field gun and that's a good thing when shooting targets. The wood stock makes it heavier and that's better when shooting a bunch of targets.

I got a new sporter the other day :) Looks very nice. Just have to find a not-so-busy weekend to take it out...

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    I got a new sporter the other day :) Looks very nice. Just have to find a not-so-busy weekend to take it out...

Good for you. Let me know when you want to shoot at PG. Don't know if you are considering registered shoots or not, but there's one at Pintail on the 5th, appropriatly called the Superbowl Blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom