• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    How is Beretta Xtrema diff from Urika2 , A400 Xplor and A3901 ??

I read that A400 has some crazy piston like gizmo in its back , supposedly reduces recoil .

Last edited:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    gas system is what i can tell.. i have the extrema w/ a rifled barrel. been looking for a regular barrel for it.. boy.. they are expensive! LOL

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There is a beretta auto out now that has a computer on the bottom of the stock, shot counter, temp, pressure I think? It shows all kinds of crazy stuff...

Its blue receiver with wood stock. Its wild looking.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    There is a beretta auto out now that has a computer on the bottom of the stock, shot counter, temp, pressure I think? It shows all kinds of crazy stuff...

Its blue receiver with wood stock. Its wild looking.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Since I just did some similar research and bought a Beretta 391 Urika:

For the 391, the Xtrema is a field/hunting version, the Urika/Teknys have a field version and sporting/competition versions. The differences are in weight and dimensions and I think shell length (the Xtrema can take 3.5" shells?).

For the A400, the Xplor is the field version, the Xcel is the competition model. People are saying the 391 will be phased out and the A400 will be their new base semi-auto model.

The A3901 is the replacement for their 390 and I think it's made in the USA.

This is all my own understanding, someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I have the new A400 Excel Beretta, did a little commenting on and some pictures in another thread. So far I love it, only have about 509 rounds through the it (shot counter is kinda cool).

Not one hiccup so far, for me it looks and performs perfectly fine.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Can't go wrong with any beretta shotguns really. Take a look at benelli too, they are both owned by same group I think. I noticed some of the berettas are using a copy of the benelli rotating bolt

My m2 has just about 10,000 hulls ran through it, with the last 3000 being 1oz light loads

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    Since I just did some similar research and bought a Beretta 391 Urika:

For the 391, the Xtrema is a field/hunting version, the Urika/Teknys have a field version and sporting/competition versions. The differences are in weight and dimensions and I think shell length (the Xtrema can take 3.5" shells?).

For the A400, the Xplor is the field version, the Xcel is the competition model. People are saying the 391 will be phased out and the A400 will be their new base semi-auto model.

The A3901 is the replacement for their 390 and I think it's made in the USA.

This is all my own understanding, someone more knowledgeable can correct me if I'm wrong.

this is helpful , thanks

StanleyG

Feb 27, 2011
    MontCo and Balt Co
    Price wise the A3901 is about $600 , Urika2$1100 and A400 is $1300

just trying to decide if paying for Urika2 or A400 is really worth the money. I've only shot the 390 and its just fine. I don't think there is a place around here when I can compare them all and pick.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...eBQ&ei=vRgGT4jNEofOmAeWsLnNAQ&ved=0CCgQqxIwCQ

but the question still stands.. is it worth the extra $ ?

I looked at Rem Versa.. and I liked it.. but not for the money they want for it now.

The Xcel models for sporting clays (that he has) are a couple hundred more than the Xplor field models. I don't know if they're worth it yet...I think it's Beretta trying to move to a new model and increase their profits at the same time...but maybe they're that much better. I've only fired the 391 so far. I might have bought the newer A400 if it had been closer to the same price.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    gas system is what i can tell.. i have the extrema w/ a rifled barrel. been looking for a regular barrel for it.. boy.. they are expensive! LOL

I bought an extrema2 with a rifled barrel too. It was a great price and I wanted it for deer season. I was lucky and got a great deal on the smooth barrel on GB. $400 vs the going 600+.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I bought an extrema2 with a rifled barrel too. It was a great price and I wanted it for deer season. I was lucky and got a great deal on the smooth barrel on GB. $400 vs the going 600+.

thats what i use it for also.. deer. got it at good price from BPS.

thats a good price!! im not in a hurry.. if i find a good deal great. i still have my 870 for other purpose.. :D

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...eBQ&ei=vRgGT4jNEofOmAeWsLnNAQ&ved=0CCgQqxIwCQ

but the question still stands.. is it worth the extra $ ?

I looked at Rem Versa.. and I liked it.. but not for the money they want for it now.

Little confusion on the models here I guess. The A400 has atleast 3 different variations, not counting with or without K/O and the POD.

Asking if something is "worth" the extra money is kinda of a futile question. When it comes to guns the rule is (should be) "Buy once, cry once".

The Citori line goes from ~$2,500 to $10k+, so posting a link of the most bland field model so we can discuss if a grade 5 is "worth the extra money" doesn't make much sense.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Only REAL way to know for yourself is to shoot each one. If the lighter recoil of the A400 isn't important to you, or you don't care for the looks of one particular model, buy the cheapest one possible. If you are shooting 200 rounds a week, a specific purposed stick like the A400 Excel may be a better choice. If a few hundred bucks either way is a major contributing factor, you might consider waiting a while longer and buying the BEST gun you can, ....they last quite a while......

gwhunter350

Gen 4 Glock 22
    Oct 18, 2009
    MD/DE
    I have the 390, my dad has one too. Best semi auto gun I have owned and shot. Combined we have over 5,000 rounds down them and not a single missfire or jam. Best semi auto you can buy for under 1000

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Price wise the A3901 is about $600 , Urika2$1100 and A400 is $1300

just trying to decide if paying for Urika2 or A400 is really worth the money. I've only shot the 390 and its just fine. I don't think there is a place around here when I can compare them all and pick.

How many rounds do you intend to put through it. Hunting or clays? I just shot 150 rounds yesterday through my Urika 2. Hunters may not shoot that many in a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom