• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lukkyseven

Feb 25, 2012
    So I've used this forum for help in the past with great results so here I am again instead of just trolling.

I just purchased a new turkey gun and was talking to my old man about it. He then told me that he has this great gun that he bought for rabits and dove about 15 years ago, but it's never been shot. So I had to see it! It's a Beretta 20 gauge Model 302 A that shoots 3" mags. It has a 28" barrel and has never been shot (according to him).

At this point, he doesn't want to shoot it because he think's that if he does it will hurt the guns value. I've never bought a gun I wasn't going to hunt with so I have no clue at all if this is true. So if it is/isn't please let me know! Also, is there any way to tell if it hasn't been shot before? He's the second owner, but the gun is still in the original Styrofoam packaging.

I looked up some info and it was manufactured in 1984 (stamped with an "AM" on the underside of the barrel). The SN does appear to check out as well. The cell phone pictures I took didn't turn out, but the gun honestly looks like it has never left he packaging.

Can anyone tell me if this gun has any collectible value at all? Is it worth anything? I'm just curious about this is all. I want to take it rabbit hunting in a few weekends from now, but if its valuable or if I'd reduce the value of it, I'll just take out my 887.

blackthorne

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2010
    Naptown
    Is it worth more unfired than fired - yes, a little. Is it collectible - no, not really. It's a very good autoloader and it should last a lifetime. NIB value is probably around $850-900. Please be aware that it is not hunting season now, so shoot the clay variety of bunnies. That gun was never meant to be a collector, so shoot the hell out of it and safely enjoy yourself.

lukkyseven

Feb 25, 2012
    Well I'm glad to have an approximate value of the gun. Maybe I'll talk him into letting me take it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom