• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    I would vote they Move....They should not even look back. Don't make threats with no back bone to back it up.

I love my Beretta products and will support them in the future.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    I would vote they Move....They should not even look back. Don't make threats with no back bone to back it up.

I love my Beretta products and will support them in the future.

...AND refuse parts/service/tech to MSP and all the local departments who piggybacked on the state contracts. Nothing against the individual officers who I hope everyone here knows stood with the rest of gun owners, but it would force the AGENCIES to find another suppliers at a considerable cost... or better yet, NOBODY else fill the void!
    Someone will though. When push comes to shove someone will value their profits more than their principals.:mad54:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    AND refuse parts/service/tech to MSP and all the local departments who piggybacked on the state contracts. Nothing against the individual officers who I hope everyone here knows stood with the rest of gun owners, but it would force the AGENCIES to find another suppliers at a considerable cost... or better yet, NOBODY else fill the void!
    One bullet like Barney.

Attachments

• barney-fife.jpg
      barney-fife.jpg
      29.5 KB · Views: 456

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    Beretta provided a small counter weight to some of proposed paperwork and records requirements. I would prefer that they not leave the state in the same way I don't want the companies to move out of CT. We don't need states moving more-anti.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Beretta provided a small counter weight to some of proposed paperwork and records requirements. I would prefer that they not leave the state in the same way I don't want the companies to move out of CT. We don't need states moving more-anti.

The ship has sailed my friend. We're way past that sentiment in states like MD, CT, NY.

If this were say VA, I might buy into that. Having strong presence could help win future political victories. But there is nothing left in places like CT and NY. Why let the grabbers get your tax dollars when they spit on you. They literally see gun manufacturers as lower than Al Qaeda.

TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    ...AND refuse parts/service/tech to MSP and all the local departments who piggybacked on the state contracts. Nothing against the individual officers who I hope everyone here knows stood with the rest of gun owners, but it would force the AGENCIES to find another suppliers at a considerable cost... or better yet, NOBODY else fill the void!
    Someone will though. When push comes to shove someone will value their profits more than their principals.:mad54:

I know there are a lot of happy beretta owners/fans in here and that's fine and cool and all. But just FYI a lot of MD LE agencies (all over the country actually) over the past years have ditched Beretta as their sidearms and moved on to other companies for a lot of reasons, usually due to poor quality control, parts breakage or other cheaper/better options.

MSP switched from their classic berettas to the Px4 Storm for a couple years and then ditched Beretta all together. MSP's current issued handgun is the Glock 22.

I know several troopers and everyone of them is very happy that they made the switch.

In regards to the boycott, it doesn't really help the cause when the 4 major gun manufacturers that have the greatest part of the LE/govt market share are glock, HK, SIG Sauer, and Smith and Wesson (you could probably toss in FHN too).

Unlike other companies like ruger, keltec, bersa, etc or even Springfield Armory for that matter that have more invested in the commercial sales piece of the pie, they can get away with following through on the boycott, the others not so much. HK in particular has always been very pro govt customers anyways. Glock has probably at least 50% of the LE market share to themselves as it is. They have no reason to let that advantage go.

I know of zero LE agencies that issue ruger handguns (exception for small agencies like in PA where officers might have to supply their own gun) And I have only ever seen one agency that has a Springfield xD as their sidearm and I think that was a corrections dept. (Exception some tactical units who might have some of their high end 1911's)

Companies like ruger can boycott the LE and govt agencies all they want. It's easy to when they didn't have any stake in it to begin with. It's like giving up smoking for your new years resolution when you never smoked to start with. But it sounds good on face value. I still appreciate ruger's effort in the matter but it's not going to really affect the target group of the boycott all that much other than make a political statement probably to a bunch of liberal politicians that don't give a crap anyways.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    Switching gears to CT. Imagine if Colt, Mossberg, Stag and Ammo storage Comp. all announced departures out of that liberal hell-hole. It would sink their state economy. Those firms prop up several towns with 100's of millions.

CT could become the next Michigan.

That's what I'm hoping for! Lots of people are furious up there. It looks like there may be a mounting legal challenge. That would be cheaper than a move, so maybe the manufacturers will back that. I head today that Colt, Stag Arms, and another are all considering a move. I guess it was in the news that Colt has 6 serious offers.

mh53gunner

Dec 17, 2009
    I feel sorry for the 600 employees in Md who could loose their jobs because the idiots in Annapolis voted for this turd of a bill.
    That said, I hope all firearm manufactures leave this sorry excuse of a state. Why feed millions of tax dollars into a state who ends up banning many of your products.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    I won't hate Beretta if they stay. As I understand it, they struck out a lot of onerous paperwork laws that would have forced Beretta to leave.

As it stands, I'm waiting to hear back as to what they do. I'm fine with it either way, but if they do stay, my next pistol will be a 92A1. If they leave, it'll probably be a Smith & Wesson 5906. I honestly think the 5906 is the better bargain, and the better 9mm, but if Beretta can actually keep to their word when they don't have a strong reason to, then I'll reward them with my loyalty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom