• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I saw a Beretta 1951 on the Sarco website today , but have heard that SARCO won't ship handguns to C&Rs in Maryland. It made me wonder though -- if SARCO has 1951s, are there other dealers that have them as well? I haven't seen any at the places I usually check, but I don't claim to have a very comprehensive knowledge of the universe of C&R dealers (yet). Anyone know of a dealer with them in stock?

Also, a question? I know the IDF used the Beretta 1951 for a number of years. Is there such a thing as an Israeli -marked Beretta, and have any of them made it to the American market? I wouldnt want to waste my time looking for unobtainium.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I haven't seen any in stock for awhile.... a few year's ago Dan's Sporting Goods had them and Aim had a few earlier this year, but other then that all I see is one here and there on Gun Broker. FYI, they aren't all C&R.... only the ones 50+ years old.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    AIM had them a few months ago..but boy did they go fast...

Then a few weeks ago they had them again under regular 01 sales only. I called them and they said these were too new and did not fall under 03 licenses. I would give them a call...

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Not sure of the models but I think Lou has 2 nice Beretta's in stock, pretty sure at least one was Nazi marked (not cool if you want Israeli stuff I know).

Hard for find things Israeli marked since so much was intentionally not marked for them for years.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    Thanks> Actually the 1951 isn't really near the top of my "must have" list, but I saw it listed on the SARCO ad and it kinda pinged my interest. Sometime I gun I haven't thought much about does that. A Few weeks ago it was the FN 1922. Before that it was the Ruby and before that the S&W Victory. Damn, this C&R can be expensive.

Now back to looking for C&R Hi-Powers.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Thanks> Actually the 1951 isn't really near the top of my "must have" list, but I saw it listed on the SARCO ad and it kinda pinged my interest. Sometime I gun I haven't thought much about does that. A Few weeks ago it was the FN 1922. Before that it was the Ruby and before that the S&W Victory. Damn, this C&R can be expensive.

Now back to looking for C&R Hi-Powers.

I have both a Hi-Power and a Beretta 1951. Both are nice shooters.... I don't think you could go wrong with either if you should act on your interest. Having a C&R is a good way to keep you wallet empty, that's for sure.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I picked up a Beretta 1951 a few months ago from Numrich via one of the online auctions (?auctionarms?). You don't see them around much. Beautiful guns and great shooters.

Even with a C & R, Sarco won't sell any C & R guns to you even if you go up to their store in PA, if you're from Maryland. I've tried to educate them but it doesn't work so I've crossed them off my list of business to give my money to.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have both a Hi-Power and a Beretta 1951. Both are nice shooters.... I don't think you could go wrong with either if you should act on your interest. Having a C&R is a good way to keep you wallet empty, that's for sure.

Oh, I have 3 C&R Hi Powers. Looking to pick up at least one more before October 1 (when I can still get them with the appropriate magazine.) I have my eye on a pre-war Belgian military piece, but really want to find a Chinese contract Inglis.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    My collecting strategy has always been to get good quality guns that shoot modern, readily-available ammo. The Beretta M1951 is a great low cost way to pick up a quality-made 9mm pistol with a C & R license. It and a Walter P1 are the only 9mm's that I have, including modern handguns.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I'm primary a collector for the history behind the guns. I'm primarily (but not exclusively) in guns that could have seen active service in WWI, WWII or Korea. I would like to eventually acquire a type set of all the basic rifle and handgun types used by the major armies in the two world wars. Because of that, the current availability of cold-war era east bloc handguns and SKS's doesn't really interest me (although I might be interested in a Vietnam bringback.)
    As I said in an earlier post, the Beretta 1951 was a diversion, and primarily caught my interest due to its association with the IDF. It's not on my must-have list.

I am a big fan of the FN/Browning/Inglis Hi Power, and because it is one of the few C&F pistols that will be impacted by the Change in the law, I have been concentrating on them. I have a very nice postwar German police FN P35 that is a great shooter, so now I'm looking for the wartime guns.

I like guns that I can associate with historical events and the battlefields I have walked (its a long list, including Peleliu, Iwo Jima, Belleau Wood, and the La Fiere Causeway). I can associate my M1917, or my P08, or my KAR98az with the ravine where the Lost Battalion was trapped in October 1918; I can mentally identify my M1 Carbine with the one my dad carried at Chosin Reservoir. My Ruby automatic (yes I know it is a POS, it was cheap and I didn't buy it for it's design or manufacturing qualities) is a connection to the Poilus in the tunnels and trenches of Verdun. Shooting my Garand lets me feel a connection with the vets I met on Iwo Jima and Omaha Beach.

OK. Rambling mode off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom